Most disappointng for 2022-23?

So now that the 2022-23 sports year is pretty much over, which team do you think was the most disappointing?

• Football
  • Men’s Basketball
  • Wrestling
  • Men’s Golf
  • Softball
  • Baseball

0 voters

This will be a landslide answer, which says a lot considering most sports let us down.

4 Likes

Softball had a top six finish in the country. I don’t think anyone can realistically call that disappointing. I get that wrestling was really bad for all the wrestling fans, and I was at the baseball regional. But football was by far the most disappointing.

4 Likes

Yeah, softball was a game away from about the highest expectations you can have for them.

2 Likes

Wish there was an all of the above answer to this question.

4 Likes

I couldn’t make it that easy :rofl:

3 Likes

Football was a wake up call how things can go south in a hurry. Puzzle to me
Baseball was embarrassing, humiliating hide your face for awhile

2 Likes

Only football lost 46% of the games played in the season. No other program had that high a loss percentage. But I could be wrong. Men’s hoops might be worse by percentage.

Only football lost to its in-state rival at its worst point in 30 years. By double digits.

Only football would encourage the departure of a 4 year starter, then replace him with a guy who hasn’t played in competition in 2 years.

The others were disappointing to be sure for various reasons, but football gets my vote (without me actually voting yet, haha!)

3 Likes

When gundy has a 10 win season, i dont wat to hear you ever again talking good or bad about football

2 Likes

You got yourself a deal. And when they don’t, I don’t want to hear you defending him.

2 Likes

“All the above” ? except maybe softball

1 Like

Its funny howbyou look at things. Im dnt defending him im correcting you. Its find ive tired to help you for years and youve learn nothing. Ive excepted your a band wagoning arm chair fan. The way you turned your frown into a smile and back so fast in 2021 proved that.

2 Likes

College football is a “what have you done for me lately” venture. NIL and portal make it worse.

2021- inches away from the Playoff=happy
2022-a losing streak to bad teams=bad

All of us are “arm chair QB’s”. If we weren’t, we wouldn’t be discussing OSU football.

Keep trying to teach me though I guess. :joy:

3 Likes

You literally were crying in the beginning of 2021. Telling your son how bad gundy is. Then by mid season loving gundy. Then hell broke out in the title game.
Last year we lost so many players. We were the lesser team.
I could never teach you anything. No logic. Only a women can have the highs and lows you do.

2 Likes

Your writing is getting a lot more coherent. Good job.

4 Likes

I’d leave it man. That’s either a bot or a wildly disturbed human. For their sake I hope it’s the former.

1 Like

Since you only read certain post i will leave it.
Travis knows who i am he knows what im talking about. He was up and down in 2021. He doesnt even break down and cry when i talk to him, well not much any more.:rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::crazy_face::crazy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Closed the poll. Thanks to everyone who voted and commented.

Missed the poll but it’s definitely football by a wide margin. Basketball was more rage inducing than disappointing IMO. Watching them find ways to lose time after time was infuriating.

1 Like