Most Hated Goons

While we’re at it, here’s some more fuel to the gooner hate train:

1 Like

I’d like to add the entire 1980’s OU football roster. Thanks…

3 Likes

Somebody please ask me why I added the DA. I’d love to give my answer. Haha!

Speaking of non-OU graduate fans, out of my entire family, the only ones that are OSU fans are my immediate. My mom graduated from OSU, and while my dad graduated from another college he met my mom in Stillwater and went there all the time, and then of course me (peep the name😉) No one else in my family went to college. All of em are OU fans.

So, we go to a Christmas gathering about a year ago and one of my 2nd cousins (big OU fan) immediately sees me and starts laying into me about graduating from OSU, didn’t even say congratulations. Just starts ripping at me, which is basically the only time we ever talk to each other. It’s always him bringing up OU football. Mind you, he’s about a 35ish year old gas station worker. So I look at him and say, “where’d you go to college?” And he said something like “you don’t need to go to college to know OSU sucks.” I looked at him for a second, then very passive aggressively said “no, but you do need to go to college to get a better job than a gas station counter worker.” He hasn’t talked to me since.:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Alright, I’ll bite. Why’d you add the DA?

Not all heroes wear capes

6 Likes

Can I just say all of them are crybabies?

8 Likes

Mashburn is single-handedly responsible for Mixon not receiving the correct punishment. Mixon should have received a felony under the correct administration of law. Instead, Greg drops it to a misdemeanor. Thus Mixon simply took a red-shirt and torched us for the next two seasons. He also is responsible for keeping the key pieces to Stoops’ teams together for several years. How many times did OU players break laws, yet play on Saturdays? OU’s football domination over us and the conference is largely a credit to Mashburn.

4 Likes

One of my coworkers while working down there at the stadium (won’t say his name) was a HB in north Texas coming out of HS to play FB for OU the following year, but tore his ACL and his scholarship was eventually given to someone else. They still gave him full living expenses as part of a free apartment room with two other Ou players, I think it was Trey Metoyer and Roy Finch but finch sounds wrong, it was one of the RBs. Anyways, they did that, gave him a car, it was old but still, and gave him the job with OU athletics. When he eventually opened up about it I asked him if Stoops did it and he said “nah, the city.” I never knew what he meant by that, but maybe this ties in somehow.

This was all coming from him so maybe he was lying, but he was definitely built like someone that could play FB at OU and any time the team was working out in the stadium he would go over and hang out with them, so it seemed legit.

I agree the handling of that case was bad. But I know Mashburn personally and he’s a good dude, even after I gave him a bunch of crap about the mixon deal.

So you think because you know a Sooner emphasizer that he’s a good dude?

There’s a difference in “bad” and “wrong.” The handling of that case was wrong. A felony automatically would have taken away Stoops power to red-shirt him.

Look, I’m not trying to argue with you about it, just offering a perspective of someone who actually knows the guy you’re hating. But if you wanted to go there, there is a legal basis for the decision he made. Did he make the wrong decision? Absolutely in my opinion. Is there a legal argument for his decision? Yes, though I don’t find it compelling. But I also don’t think red shirt eligibility should factor into whether or not the state charges someone with a certain crime.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Agreed. I don’t want to argue either.

2 Likes

We know who’s not a goon. So subtle.

2 Likes

One of the more appropriate uses of the meme…

12 Likes

Great find, Gary!

1 Like

Even tho Trae Young was only at OU for one year. He’s #1 for me. That dude may be the most arrogant, whiny, selfish, entitled basketball player I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

You a Knicks fan?

1 Like