NCAA Tournament Game Thread: OSU vs. Liberty

Or like when Nicolas Cage said “Why didn’t you put the bunny back in the box?”

Very happy for Oral Roberts knocking out Ohio State. I hope the upset of the day is done and the Pokes beat Liberty handily.

Or we don’t get upset, but other teams do after us…

1 Like

Well said!

Speaking of upsets–I hope I don’t jinx it–but Tennessee is down big at half.

Someone at my work didnt know what they were doing when making their bracket. Picked lower seeds thinking the higher number meant better team.

They are now winning off upset points…

6 Likes

Although I’ll be happy no matter how the Pokes win, I’m wondering if anyone has thoughts on the best defense for us against Liberty? Liberty may like to play slow in the half-court and shoot 3’s but the Liberty players, themselves, are not sloths - they have decent speed on tape. I’m curious what defense MB chooses to start the game.

Easy answer, zone. They don’t have big guys.

True. But the 2-3 zone MB has had some issues against good 3-point teams in that we were slow to get a hand up on the shot with good ball movement. I was wondering if 1-3-1 might be better as it looks like on the shot charts Liberty prefers the wings? I suppose I shall have wait another 45 minutes to see :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s so exciting to feel nervous again this time of year.

3 Likes

I need a brown paper lunch bag. :grimacing:

4 Likes

WE IN DIS

7 Likes

Credentialed?

I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t tbh.

4 Likes

Oh so now you’re only caring about basketball for work? [Eye roll]

2 Likes

Let’s go Pokes!

Holy upsets today. Let’s not be one of them.

1 Like

Have the pregame radio show on. Hunziker and Holcomb are so good

1 Like

Ice in the starting lineup for Bryce. Boynton going to try his luck being bigger than Liberty.

5 Likes

Good to have someone with some experience to help when this game gets slowed down. Better to have the 3 ball coming off the bench. I hope he has found his shot over the break.

With Bryce’s recent offensive struggles plus turnovers it makes sense Boynton will want a calming presence in Ice to start.

1 Like