New Big 12 V New Big 10

“Dana had 1 good year at wv. Recruiting went down hill from when he got there” Recruiting to Morgantown is much tougher than recruiting to/around Houston. Now that theyre in the Big 12, Houston will start to consistently out-recruit WVU.

“I did say houston Colorado are at the same level on depth of d1 players” Houston is a recruiting hotbed. Colorado is not. They are not even close to being the same.

“Houston still has to out recruit the sec” No, they do not. Houston is not competing with the SEC. Theyre competing with the Big 12. They arent going after the same kid as the Bama/LSU/A&M.

“I said i was not excite about sanders as a coach but par with dana” I disagree. Holgerson is a much better COACH than Sanders. Prime is a car-salesman. Hes a recruiter. Not a coach.

“You think going to the big 12 and dana excited the mostly suburban students to go to a small stadium” Again you mention the stadium size. TCU, Kansas,Baylor, UCF, Houston and Cincinnati are all in the 40k range. KState, Tech and ASU are in the 50k range. That stadium isnt a deterrent in recruiting.

I for got the " not" about Houston and Colorado being the same.
When when you take out the guys houston cant get houston and Colorado are about the same. Were houston will have it better is in the portal when thise " great " players bailout of alabama etc…

On how good dana is as a recruiter or coach go listen to fans at wv and houston. We had him for a year he was a great coordinator that as provide with a lot of talent. He didnt recruit anybody in the one year.

Ive always wondered how good of a coach williams and bill are at ku in basketball. We know they could recruit, but seemed to lose to nobody in the dance. Well if sanders get enough talent he can win games and be a bad coach.

Out of the 4 new teams i have heard the least from houston about spending money on facilities. Any this site just did an article about how osu was second to last on recruiting money spent in fbs. Sure neither dana or sanders are gundy. One thing is gundy have a very experienced staff.

1 Like

Prime is not a coach? I disagree here. Look at Jackson State’s record under Prime. I know the guy can recruit, and maybe he’s got a bit of car salesman in him, but the guy can coach a little too.

@travis5266 Listen, he had superior talent on his roster in that division. You could let my wife and yours “coach” that team to double digit wins. A “bit” of car salesman!!! Thats like saying a cake has a “bit” of sugar in it. Or Johnny Manziel has a “bit” of Summers Eve in him. I think hes all about him. Hes all about the spotlight. The way he came in and embarassed that roster with filming them finding out that hes bouncing em…was bs. Do that behind closed doors, away from the cameras. I will admit that hes a better coach than I just describe and im letting my dislike for him cloud what type of coach he may be…but I dont like his way of going about his business at all

1 Like

That’s completely fair and an honest assessment. I like the guy so I used “a bit” for that reason. I think we just did the same thing for opposite reasons. :joy: What would Colorado need to accomplish for you to say, “I may not like his style, but the man can coach.” I’d say in the next 3 years if he has them at 10 wins and in Arlington.

Dude if he hits double digit wins & is in Arlington……it’ll be a monumental achievement. If he wins 8 this year, he’ll be at a bigger/higher profile program before 2025. If he wins 6 or more this year I’ll come on here and admit he’s better than I thought. I don’t think he’s a good coach, that roster was bad, his son is an avg QB, and they didn’t do much in the way of forming an Oline…….I think all of that results in them winning 3-4 games. If I’m wrong, I’ll come on here and say it.

1 Like

I guess I didn’t realize how bad Colorado was. I quit paying attention when they joined Pac. Except for the bowl game where we beat them. Haha!

1 Like

I would pretty much agree with your list except for a couple of changes:
I would move Washington up to 6 and Michigan State up to 10.

1 Like

Who would you move down? Just put your top 10

@travis5266

“Dude if he hits double digit wins & is in Arlington……it’ll be a monumental achievement. If he wins 8 this year, he’ll be at a bigger/higher profile program before 2025. If he wins 6 or more this year I’ll come on here and admit he’s better than I thought. I don’t think he’s a good coach, that roster was bad, his son is an avg QB, and they didn’t do much in the way of forming an Oline…….I think all of that results in them winning 3-4 games. If I’m wrong, I’ll come on here and say it”

NAILED IT!!!

Yes you did. I think the non-con fooled me badly. Probably fooled a lot of people. Either he isn’t as good as I thought (possible), or he just doesn’t have the guys yet/scheme yet

I wish I was as good as you at keeping receipts. :joy:

He doesnt have the players…and isnt getting them. His biggest strength is his ability to recruit…and thats worn off due to not being able to WIN. See, you can get up there and say a bunch of edgy/new type stuff about the portal and make all these bold statements BEFORE THE SEASON. BUt, you gotta win. Or else you lose credibility when you go into these homes to recruit. Hes lost some of that.

“Keeping reciepts”…man I have a LOT of down time out on jobs. So ill occassionaly hit the link and look back at some of the convos. Pretty interesting to see how…“smart” some people are