New Oklahoma State Defensive Coordinator Bryan Nardo Set to Make $650,000, per Report

Originally published at: New Oklahoma State Defensive Coordinator Bryan Nardo Set to Make $650,000, per Report | Pistols Firing

Nardo’s deal is three years.

Well if true were save half a million

1 Like

So a probationary salary for now assuming that a proven DC would garner close to 1mil these days.

Saving half a million for?

That won’t even get close to buying a high profile recruit. To be honest it only hurts recruiting with a no name division 2 coach. Gundy at his best buying coaches at the good will. This is why gundy needs to go. Embarrassment.

1 Like

That’s our brand! “Good will U”

I don’t understand bringing a DII guy in and paying him that kind of money right off the bat. Seems like he needs to prove himself first. He’s already making more than Joe Bob? I wouldn’t be too happy about that if i was him.

1 Like

If I was JB I wouldn’t be happy the new guy making more than him. Couse he’s gone through worse not getting the DC last year. Half a million would have been about right or lower. Are we going to a 3 man front ?

1 Like

You must need attention jeffy… you could have said that blabber in one post instead of three

1 Like

I’m sure that they have made his salary commensurate with what his peers were making, his skill level, what D1 DC’s with no experience get and what his potential is. All of that is factored in. Works the same in the corporate world as well. Of course future salary levels will depend highly on results and what DC’s with similar results are paid.

I am going to assume Nardo has never had a six-figure salary at his other stops. So, from his perspective, this is huge. Also and maybe most importantly, the OSU Max interview with Nardo hints that Clements may have been the conduit. And, by the way, all articles seem to keep omitting the “co-” from Nardo’s title. He is “Co-Defensive Coordinator.” Factoring that in, we are spending over $1.2M on the position.

1 Like

They always tend to omit the co dc onthe lead one.
Max has an interview with the new dc

1 Like

I’m interested in that interview on what we will run. A 3 front, where he blitzes from, gaps

1 Like