NIL - Money in college sports

5 Likes

I don’t know the intricacies, but assuming it’s a work vs student visa difference. And I would hazard a guess that most countries have similar policies. But that’s another assumption on my part.

#DezLostIt

Where do you sit when you watch the world burn? Must be a great view considering you do it so often.

Money in sports $$$

3 Likes

Nice bag drop Tennessee! State!

Oddest, most efficient ad so far?

3 Likes

Also, if anyone would want to pay me to wear very little clothes and pose in a cowboy hat for their business card: my DM’s are open.

I believe this one may have been orchestrated by @seth

4 Likes

Rattler got a Cane’s deal, guess I can’t go there anymore :cry:

4 Likes

1 Like

I’m becoming a vegan

1 Like

I saw something on Twitter about it being nice to see walk-ons get an opportunity to make some money, I liked that so I Tweeted that I would help some if they were interested.

Sanchez messaged me, so I texted my brother-in-law and father-in-law to see if they were interested. My father-in-law started Merrifield office with his brother in the 70s, and their sons are in the process of taking it over now.

They said “sure” and Sanchez agreed. Already picked up one new customer out of it.

19 Likes

So you’re telling me that capitalism works?

Careful now, we’ve got some folks that aren’t fond of capitalism.

8 Likes

If capitalism could go ahead and evolve into the next system that’d be great.

1 Like

New article by Cox on NIL included this nugget from Berry Tramel:
“Maybe they’ll ask, do I really want to give Johnny Linebacker $10,000, when he could pop into the portal next week?”

I think this is one of the most interesting views on NIL. I know we’re not above someone threatening a student if they transfer after making a deal, but what sort of threat? Would someone put out a ‘hit’ of sorts to teach a kid a lesson? Idk, but I could see some version of intimidation happening in the south with how rabid they get over pigskin.

Just put it in the contract

That you can’t transfer?

I can see a money back type thing but again, we all know a gooner who would put up big money and want it all back with interest the next day if a kid decides to leave.

Most people barely read fine print, I’m not sure a freshman will read it. I’m curious if any departments are requiring athletes to let the school/dept review the contract before signing.

I’m just saying it’s very interesting point regarding endorsements and the fickle-ness of people.

At least it wasn’t Chick Fil A!! The Legend of The Spicy Chicken Sandwhich…LIVES ON!!!’

3 Likes