Notes on 2021 4-Star DE (DeSoto)

• Shemar Turner the 4-star 2021 DE from DeSoto, TX holds an offer from OSU. He recently has stated he loves the overall feel he gets from the program, but has some doubts based on the lacking number of DEs OSU has put into the NFL.

• He did acknowledge the relationship however, between DeSoto and OSU. Even stressing he realizes the importance of the AJ Green and Jubbar Muhammad connection.

• Turner is very interested to see how things develop for OSU on and off the field. He also stated Florida, Ohio St, and LSU are showing heavy interest as well as already holding an offer from Alabama according to recruiting services. Turner will be a top target this cycle for Coach Jim Knowles and Joe Bob Clements.

• There is a pretty good chance OSU hangs in on this one. He sounded very genuine in his interest about Oklahoma St from what I’m told. Should be a good recruit to keep an eye on.

9 Likes

Be the DE that makes OSU “DEU”…!

2 Likes

Paging Ogbah and Taylor…

Doesn’t Peterson count, even if he didn’t pan out?

Kevin Peterson? I was just tossing out a couple Defensive Line/DE players of ours in the NFL. Am I forgetting someone from the line?

I mean Brailford went in the 7th round to the Redskins last year

3 Likes

Oops, defensive END. I was thinking defensive BACK…

:man_shrugging:t3:

You were correct.

Edit: I mean…ummmm…YEAH, remember that guy…Richard…Peterson? Big ol’ farm boy who hit really hard? :cowboy_hat_face:

runs away

5 Likes

I think he had a run in with a Jimmy John’s sign at one point, too.

3 Likes