NSD Thread

I get the real sense that everyone of these kids love their mommas. So I think it’s safe to say that this will be the best class in Cowboy history…

4 Likes

So, I’d say Deshun Murrell and Alton McCaskill are both outta the mix now.

6 Likes

21 signings so far today once the TE in California signs.

Was thinking the same thing, such a bummer. We need some young talent to fill in behind Richardson. They probably found out, scrambled and offered late.

I like going into Louisiana getting a few dudes especially if they are overlooked.

Well, the guy is like 16 so. I don’t know about DUDE yet.

Hey @marshall, is Utah State a JUCO? :rofl:

I’m just yankin’ your chain big fella!!!

2 Likes

I’m really excited about the Bray kid from Norman. Two sport kid who’s only played football for a couple years but is a physical specimen. 6’3" 200lbs with great body control (not surprising being a basketball kid). Really has some explosiveness after the catch and will end up being a capable, if not punishing blocker. Just needs to really learn the ins and outs of the position (route running) but I think he will be a big surprise for us down the road.

2 Likes

We are still waiting on 1. Right?

I deleted!

2 Likes

Look, I get it. You want 5* guys. 5* guys pan out at much higher rates than not 5* guys. That being said, this class is sneaky good. There are some difference makers on both sides of the ball. They took some risks and that makes me nervous, but you can afford to take those risks when you have like 4 guys on defense and 2 guys on offense that are rated as 4* by either Rivals or 247. I can’t remember the last time I was ever this excited for a recruiting class as a whole.

8 Likes

It could be considered that. Nobody faulted you LOL.

4 Likes

OK, honestly I don’t think it’s a bad pickup. Dude’s a cannonball and should be a nice stop gap considering he’ll enter as a senior.

4 Likes

1 4* guy on D 1* maybe 4* on O. Don’t polish it like it’s the best class they have ever signed LOL. We will see in about 3-4yrs how this class pans out.

So 20 guys have signed today, and Dominic Richardson and Tay Martin both count toward the 2021 class. Austin Jarrard still has to wake up and sign. So, #quickmath That makes 23 signees of a possible 25 thus far.

5 Likes

Wondering if there is 1 more surprise sign in this class, or they leave those 2 open for the portal guys.

I think the average rating per recruit on this class is among the best OSU has had. Still not elite when compared nationally, but this is a good OSU class.

5 Likes

We will see when they put the “official” number to it. That’s how this class will be judged by everyone.
Does seem like a solid group though.

Aden Kelley, Collin Oliver, Ty Williams, and Nic Martin are all 4* as rated by 247. One of the Green brothers is a 247 4* and the other is a Rivals 4*.

7 Likes

Any idea if T.J. Fialoa, former Lawton Mac and Lousiana Monroe OL, is considering OSU? I know he has entered the transfer portal and would be a solid pickup.