Official Oklahoma State-Iowa State GAMEDAY Thread

This. Gundy deserves some criticism (albeit less than what he gets from this forum) for actual results the last 2 years. But I’m so tired of the speculative BS fans come up with to bash Gundy.

1 Like

You have no clue how involved or uninvolved both Riley and Gundy are with their teams/programs.

I don’t. But I know how distant Gundy is on the sidelines this year.

I’ve never seen it. He doesn’t join the defense huddle in timeouts… Ok? What would he add there? He does get fired up at refs… Not as much as he used to, probably because he realized it doesn’t work and he doesn’t want to be like Art Briles down there. He is constantly communicating with the coaches in the booth. With receivers. With the QB. With the OL. When that holding call cost Chuba a TD late in the KSU game, he was on that guards butt.

I don’t see a disengaged coach at all. I think people just see what they want… And the general fan at OSU is just fed up with Gundy.

2 Likes

It’s been notable to me. I saw it in Corvallis, a lot in Tulsa and a little bit in Stillwater but I haven’t been nit picking it. It was brought up on here a few weeks ago finally and I agree that it seems off. Do I have inside details? Nope, but I see the body language.

Well I think you’re seeing something that isn’t there, brother.

1 Like

admittedly, ‘perception’ (comments/body language etc) is behind my frequent anti-Gundy comments … that said, there are #'s behind my other issues with Gundy … IMO…
negative #'s (+) perception = non-engaged HC in my book …

1 Like

I could see us winning today. I’m not sold that Iowa State is that good. I could be wrong but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if our offense (which is way better than theirs) simply outscores theirs. The defense is roughly what we got with KSU.

I don’t think not hollering in huddles is a sign of disengagement. If he was huddling, everybody would call it meddling and yell for him to let the coaches do their jobs.

2 Likes

I need to figure out how to quote people, but I could see us winning today as well. I think Sanders will be fired up. I had a bad feeling before the 2011 Iowa State game but I have a somewhat optimistic feeling this game. But I could be proven to be an idiot in 4 hours.

One thing to keep in mind though is Riley is a play caller as well, so he’s going to be more active on the sideline.

I think it’s a ridiculous comparison.

Is this Truck Race on FS1 going to run over into the start of the game?

Moved to the DFW area a couple weeks ago and decided to go to alumni watch party. I’m the only person in OSU gear at this watch party so far :man_facepalming:t3:

Welcome! Which one are you at? Dallas? Fort Worth? Plano?

Went to the one in McKinney. There’s some OSU people filing in now. Overheard one say that the place was a lot more packed for past games. Guessing most are feeling down about the season.

I don’t go often but the one in Dallas is typically pretty well attended.

If it’s at the Local Yocal, the owner is an OSU guy.

Starting the game with a sack. Okay, Antwine. I see you.

(I also see you, KSU. WOO!)

My FS1 is racing?

Annnnd 3 and out. Again.