Oklahoma State Earns 11 Seed in NCAA Tournament, Hosts Dallas Baptist, Washington and Oral Roberts

Originally published at: Oklahoma State Earns 11 Seed in NCAA Tournament, Hosts Dallas Baptist, Washington and Oral Roberts – Pistols Firing

The Cowboys earn the 11 seed and will host some familiar foes.

11th seed is respect. We got the tuffer regional.
Hope we draw well with the 2 area schools with us. Should easily go over 10k a game.
West Virginia has maybe the easiest regional.

Bad they skip ksu. Should have been in even if ou was out. In big 12 they swept ou. Had better overall and won 1 more game in the tourney. Just ou bs

2 Likes

We went 0-2 vs ORU this season…so we owe them an L. Dallas Baptist is always tough. No idea about UW but gotta think they’re the weakest team amongst the 4.

3 Likes

I’m fine with the seeding and draw.
K-State was robbed. They should’ve gotten in over OU.

3 Likes

This wasn’t my idea draw for our regional. Don’t know a lot about Washington but the other two aren’t chopped liver.
The bias in committees is just blatant at times. KS deserved getting in. The were unfortunate enough to play all top teams at the end
Go Pokes :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Pretty brutal regional. Read somewhere earlier, think it was twitter but can’t find it now that our regional is the second toughest this year. Yikes.

3 Likes

Very, very tough draw for the Cowboys. ORU can pitch it. DBU can hit. I worry about the Cowboys staff holding up in this deal. But, they could get hot offensively and make a run.

OU/KState. Kstate won the head to head and had a better Conf record. Id be upset if I was a KState fan too. But OU had a better RPI, SOS, Quad 1 W’s and was much better down the stretch than KState was. I get it from both sides. I also think what OU did last year probably helped a little bit too. It shouldnt have anything to do with it…but id bet that was in the back of their minds on some level

2 Likes

There are a number I’ve seen which were, on paper at least, a lot easier!

1 Like

We don’t have a defined “ace” Watts-Brown was supposed to be that guy but has been a disappointment for me. He can be elite but he also has control problems walking a bunch. The rest of the staff is hit and miss. We have some potential nice young ones but the offense has to carry this team. Tough regional

1 Like

Not a lot of golf coverage at PFB, so I’m forced to comment on unrelated stories…

Without question, a down year for Cowboy golf. Yet, interesting that it was a down year for all the Big 12. Not a single Big 12 team made the 15-team cut to play the final round at the NCAA – OU, Texas, Tech, Baylor – all missed it. Consequently, no Big 12 representation in the match play.

Willing to bet that’s a first since match play started…

4 Likes

Yeah, the ladies team had more success. Hopefully bounce back next season in a big way. The match play for the finalists has killed us twice. That one season 3, 4 years back, our guys killed everybody for three rounds then lost match play.

1 Like

That match play moronic idea came from Holder too. Thought it would get more tv viewers. Golf is just golf. Too slow and not a lot of excitement for television
I hope they have recruits coming in that are good enough to challenge

1 Like

Watts stuff is electric. Wipeout slider. He can throw up 0’s in bunches. He has definitely struggled as of late and that is absolutely cause for concern. I think hes fatigued. He’s in deeper waters than hes ever been in a season. This next start will put him around 200 pitches more than hes ever thrown in a season. I think hes the key for them…& hes showing that his body isnt built to go 80 + innings in a season.

2 Likes

Well if tomato slice is rite he should be ok he has thrown 8 innings in last 2 weeks. I cant remember when the last time he went 7 innings

1 Like

If he can throw strikes. Too many walks between strikeouts. I’m not sure he’s gone past 6 innings all year

2 Likes

He pitched 8 great innings vs Texas earlier in the year with 12 Ks allowing only 3 hits and 1 ER and he pitched into the 7th inning vs Utah Tech but every other start is 6 and under.

Additionally, he hasn’t gone 6 innings in a game since that Texas game so it’s been a pretty bad slide since that game.

3 Likes

Like i said it’s been awhile. Texas was like mid season

2 Likes

Like I said…fatigue. The shorter inning outings can be looked at in two different ways. The old school way to look at that is that hes tired. Hes physically too frail a frame to hold up over the course of a season as a starter and now hes done. The new way look is that theyre giving him a lighter load all year in order to have more gas in the tank on the back end. That they plan on stretching him out in the bullpen sessions in order to lengthen his starts these next 2-3 weeks. I dont think thats the case. I think hes out of gas.

he did only get around 73 innings last season at LBSU so this might be his wall like you said. If we had a deeper staff he wouldn’t have had to be used as much.

1 Like

Again we held on to a pitch to long. I could be wrong but has nolan every had 5 innings.
We are getting guys on we need some rbis

1 Like