Oklahoma State Forward Kalib Boone Enters Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-forward-kalib-boone-enters-transfer-portal/

In a 12-game stretch this season Boone averaged 16.5 points a game.

Wish him the best, but his mannerisms toward the end of the season won’t make me miss him as much.

3 Likes

Good luck kalib

3 Likes

This is not a shocker. I really was surprised he came back this year. Him and boynton don’t get along

2 Likes

Hopefully Garrison can score or Cisse learns to shoot the ball.

Woody has to be announcing his transfer soon too right? He can get a waiver easily since he’s far from home and his dad passed during the season.

Noooooo! While painfully streaky, Boone was my favorite. When he was scoring he was extremely efficient and we generally won ball games. Ugh, this just ruined my day.

1 Like

Boone is a massive head case and and there were games in the last part of the season where he clearly just gave up on his team. We don’t need players like that. Hope he can find a place where he can make positive contributions.

3 Likes

I think with the right coach next, Boone will dominate. Depending on if he wants to play with his brother, I could see a school like Kansas taking him b/c they need a dominant big guy and Self knows how to use big guys.

Now that would be an interesting experiment to watch

1 Like

Pretty sure Boone was shown the portal.

3 Likes

If I could transfer off of this team, I would. Boynton has proven he can’t develop players and he doesn’t know which kids are talented. Seeing how Likekele performed this year as a 5th year senior and knowing how he was a 4 year starter for us is a prime example of who Boynton is. As much as I hated Ford, and he may have loved to go small ball but he could at least develop guards. Coaching and development is piss poor and i’m over the experiment of giving Boynton a shot.

2 Likes

Sorry, but you’re wrong about Likekele.

2022-2023 Ohio State Stat Line: 3.8 pts, 4.0 rebs, 2.0 assists, 38.8% FG%, 27% 3pt%, 47% FT%.

He wasn’t any better at that OSU than he was at this OSU. He needed to leave Stillwater.

4 Likes

Likekele could shoot from the middle of a boat and not hit water.

4 Likes

No big loss. As it would be if most of the remaining players left. Not consistent offensively and basically dogged it on defense. Can’t keep a player who doesn’t up and down the basketball court. Newton needs to be right behind him.

He was a quitter. Nothing sadder than a guy with talent but no heart.

Not surprising to me. He was a liability towards the end of the season. Head case, don’t know who could fix that. Don’t understand it, he could havd mads a lot of money if not in the league but overseas. I don’t know that we will miss him, depends on who comes in the portal
At least Boynton realizes he needs to get his chit right this year or his seat is really hot. I like it

No way on Likekele . He wasn’t any better at Ohio State than he was at OSU. He shot worse than at OSU. He made no improvement from last year to this year. I think basically Ohio State thought they were getting a better player.

1 Like

You need to re-read my post. The whole point of likekele is that he’s terrible.

Exactly. He never should have started for us and got the amount of time on the court that he got. That’s why he’s a prime example of how good of a coach boyton is bc he kept playing likekele.