Oklahoma State Picked Fifth in Big 12's Preseason Basketball Poll

Originally published at: Oklahoma State Picked Fifth in Big 12's Preseason Basketball Poll | Pistols Firing

The Pokes have finished fifth the past two seasons.

Sounds about right.

Sounds high to me. 5th is as high as Boynton has ever finished. Is this the most talented team we’ve had?

Middle of the pack to me is mediocre.
Let’s hope the new guys can shoot. Finishing fourth would be making progress, considering that the Big 12 is a tough conference for basketball. With the exception of Cade, oSu has not been attracting top talent. Bryce Thompson was a 5 star but he has not yet played up to expectations.
I continue to wonder, what is it about oSu that results in top tier recruits choosing to play elsewhere? I would like to hear what other people think about this. Even conspiracy theories are welcome!

I think thompson is the only one that has done more.
Cisse is one who shows lack luster. He has got to run a real offense that runs thur boone. We need to score 80. The defense may be good but not as good as last year. Lost alot of lenght

I’m just grateful that we have some new players this season. As usual, we go into a season lacking the cream of the crop, so always starting at a disadvantage.

I think we lost more then we gained