Oklahoma State-Texas GAMEDAY Thread

Oklahoma State is top 10 in wins in college football this decade.

But when the broader sports media talks about OSU’s 7 of 9 and 4 straight against Texas… It’s not about how good OSU has been… It’s about how bad Texas has been. Several members of the media are flat out shocked that OSU has this kind of record against Texas this decade.

It’s insulting.

It’s also a case study on just how stupid college football is, and getting wrapped up in it if you’re a fan of a non-marquee program is a fool’s errand. No matter what OSU does, we are never going to be recognized as a top program and never get talked about like one. We’ve been top 10 in wins this decade… And we are ignored in our own state… Let alone nationally. Arkansas gets more attention than we do. Texas can take a decade off and still get talked about like royalty. Same with Tennessee and USC.

College football is stupid.

4 Likes

ESPN’s College GameDay previewed the game a little bit. Rece Davis called Gundy Texas’ landlord. The clips from it are here: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/rece-davis-calls-mike-gundy-texas-landlord-on-espn-college-gameday/

1 Like

Man, thanks eddy. I appreciate that.

1 Like

I can totally see Gundy owning a string of duplexes. Texas’ co-resident was Tech until last year.

You still gonna watch the stupidity?

Not worried about us scoring points. Worried about the defense though.

All three on ESPN picked against OSU and it wasn’t even in a ‘this will be a close shootout’ way. We’re coming in as a big underdog - that somehow makes me feel better.

2 Likes

Yeah, they glazed over that one pretty fast. Lee is correct above, though. The crappy part in all this if we win is the narrative media will spin will not be how good we are, but that Texas ‘is not back’.

They glazed over most picks, they were behind on time. Plus Kirk couldn’t pick the game so it was one to just move through.

A public service announcement for the thread:

We’re offering 20% off all orders at the PFB store from now until next Saturday. Just use the promo code BEATTEXAS2019 at checkout.

https://www.pfbstore.com/

34%20AM

1 Like

I get that Texas is the blue blood, has all the recruits and all that BS, but how are they better than they were last year? Ehlinger is more experienced, sure, but he’s still just a college QB. They lost experience on the o-line and are a little banged up elsewhere. I think we’re better on both sides of the ball this year.

Will we load up the box and make Sam throw, or will we bend not break? They’ve schemed us well the last few years.

I’m anxious to see what the coaches come up with, that might be the difference tonight.

Oh yeah. I’m a hopeless addict.

Fortunately I am in Pensacola for a wedding so I probably won’t get to watch… Which is good.

35-24 Pokes

LFG BOYS

3 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people pick scores like this… I’m sorry but if LSU can hang 48 on Texas then we will score 50. And if Oregon State can hang 31 on us then they will score 50. It’s going to be a shootout.

No love on College Game Day picks for the pokes. Kirk is calling the game so he didn’t pick but I have a feeling he might have picked us. Most of their picks don’t really have any reason to them so it doesn’t matter for the most part

Slow the roll here just a touch my man.

LSU finally figured out they have world class athletes on defense AND offense

Ehh yeah but we also have that on offense at least.

And Texas put up a ton of points on them too.

I just don’t think there’s any way both teams don’t score 40.

Your first step should be to get rid of friends and family that schedule weddings on college football Saturdays.

1 Like

But we have more of our guys back on defense than at any point this year so that might make a difference.