Oklahoma State Trivia

Easy. @JustGary

9 Likes

He went to Oxford and taught English… about all I know

Wrong Gary. It was Gary Busey, right? :wink:

4 Likes

Blaine Greteman. Or something close.

Garth Brooks

Yip. I happen to remember because I went to some banquet or something my senior year of HS and heard him speak.

Collegiate Bill Russell will do that for ya.

1 Like

Oklahoma State and what other school have won a national title in both football and basketball in the same year?

I want to say Florida, 2006…

1 Like

Florida 2008/2009?

Anyone remember the other crazy part of that?

That the QB for Florida was Chris Leak, not Touchdowns-for-Jesus Tebow? :rofl:

I was actually a big Chris Leak fan, btw…he had a great throwing motion. And in my opinion was a better pro prospect than Tebow. Unfortunately, football wasn’t a long-term career choice for him.

Haha I love that answer! I was actually thinking about how they defeated Ohio State in both of those championships.

3 Likes

Oooo, that’s an even better fun fact…

1 Like

You mean, what’s the ONLY school to win both in the same year? Tear that endzone sign down!!!

1 Like

I mean, whether or not we keep the endzone sign up, the AFCA still chose to declare us the champions for that year, which isn’t changing regardless of whether we fully deserved it or not (which we probably didn’t). So, it’s unequivocally true, we did win a national title in both sports for that year.

2 Likes

Not only should we leave it up, we should talk about it and the basketball title a lot more.

2 Likes

You’re right. To me, it just seems lame that 2016 (or, whatever year it was) criteria was used to determine the champion of a season 70 years ago. Virtually every poll at the time had Army ranked first. It there were a coaches poll at the time, it certainly would have ranked Army first.

But hey, maybe that orange backlit sign will grow on me. Ok, leave it up.

Please, talk about the '45 basketball title. I’ll listen to that all day, There have to be some good stories.

The main reason we want to keep it up is because it infuriates OU fans to no end. Most of us realize that Army was the champ, but OSU was really good that year too. :man_shrugging:t2: We filled out the packet better :joy:

3 Likes