Oklahoma State Trivia

I thought it’d be fun to start an Oklahoma State Trivia thread. I know you can Google it but try not to.

On May 15, 1957, Oklahoma A&M changed its name to __________________ to reflect the broadening scope of curriculum offered.

Please feel free to throw out your own.

1 Like

Oklahoma State University of Agricultural and Applied Science

On March 19, 1994 Oklahoma State won it’s ____ NCAA Wrestling Title.

2 Likes

Said we can’t Google (which I’m extending to not doing any internet research). I am guessing that was 30? We haven’t won one since I really started following wrestling (sorry, blame me) so I can’t go from crisp memory.

3 Likes

Yep it was #30!

How many schools have more Final Four appearances in basketball than Oklahoma State?

2 Likes

UNC, Kentucky, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Michigan State… and probably a couple more. Houston? Maybe Louisville? UConn?

Edit- Starting to think OU might be ahead of us and that would make me sick

Oklahoma, Houston, and UConn are not schools with more Final Fours. There are a few that you are missing…

The Hoosiers, forgot about their runs. And after that I’m at a loss

1 Like

I think Ohio State is the only other one.

1 Like

Yup, just looked and all of them were said above.

2 Likes

In that same vein, there are 15 schools that have won 2 or more national championships in D1 BBall.
10 of them are listed in the above picture (UNC, Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Indiana, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Oklahoma State.)

Name the other 5.

1 Like

So Louisville technically has two vacated so… only 8 teams! Heck of a deal for a program that isn’t top 25…

2 Likes

Nova is one of them. I’ll say a school like Princeton. Arizona? Virginia? Georgetown?

Florida is one! Went back to back with Billy Donovan. I’m struggling with the others.

3 Likes

Duh, good catch.

Florida
Houston
San Francisco
U of Seattle?
UConn?

1 Like

UConn is definitely another one. So I feel really good about UConn, Florida, Nova.

Holy Cross? NC State? Both of them had some old success. I will second @AlabamaPoke about maybe Gtown

I know San Francisco is one too… remember reading about it when Eddie went there to punch through 800 wins.

1 Like

All said now, NC State and San Fran were the tough ones.

NC State
San Fran
Nova
Florida
Uconn

I’m gonna go the academic route. The name of OSU’s Rhodes Scholar?

1 Like