Oklahoma State Wrestling Signee Christian Carroll Wins U20 Nationals

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-wrestling-signee-christian-carroll-wins-u20-nationals/

Carroll was dominant this weekend.

Would like to see this kid wrestle. He must be beast strong :muscle: :cowboy_hat_face:

See ‘em all next year!!

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see if OSU redshirts Carroll and/or Braydon Thompson (the other top recruit) as is normal. My guess is Carroll starts for sure and at least 50% chance that Thompson does. With Thompson depends a little on whether they think he is 184 pounder or 174.

1 Like

Michael6, agree with your comment. I think Braydon Thompson is 184 pounder as wrestled 189 in US Open. Would like to know why Victor Vioinovich transferred. My guess is he figured out Jordan Williams could beat him in ranking matches and did not want to sit.
My guess as to lineup next year: 125 Troy Spratley (transfer from Minn)
133. Fix
141. Sammy Alvarez (transfer from Rutgers) Carter Young redshirts
149 Jordan Williams
157. Daniel Manibog. This is where I think things could change
165. Izzah Olejnik (transfer from NIU- finished 8th this year)
175 Plott
184 Thompson (maybe Wittlake or Haas)
197 Suber (maybe Haas moves up or new recruit like Robb)
285. Carroll

1 Like

That would be 7 new starters right ? Might as well be, we weren’t getting the job done with the others. I know the freshman will take some lumps, be nice if you could redshirt them
Where did Mastro wind up ?

1 Like

Going to modify my prediction. The 157 starter will be Mirzo Khayitov. He is 28 and wrestled 70 kg in 2018 when he was 23 or 24. Always looked like a small 165 pounder. Doubt he grew after he was 23. At 157 fills a real hole for Cowboys.

While lot of questions, everyone in projected lineup has shot to be AA. Also, only 4 of my projected starters were there in 2022. So pretty massive infusion of talent.

2 Likes