Ollie Gordon 3 Carry South Alabama Blowout Loss Overreaction Thread

Alright folks, I understand that most of you are olds and remember the 90’s and beyond, but it’s time to take Old Yeller out behind the shed.

Gundy is the greatest coach we’ve ever had, but he’s also the only coach we’ve ever had with the kind of resources we have not post Boone. He built the program, and he deserves a statue and to have the field named after him like Eddie Sutton Court, but it’s time.

We suck. We’re getting shut out at home by a Sun Belt team. We have no offense because he refuses to fire his terrible OC and OL coach. It is becoming increasingly clear to me that with the advent of the Transfer Portal and NIL the game has officially passed him up.

It’s time y’all. It’s time.

24 Likes

I’m ready to risk a post-Mack Brown-esque situation if it means I don’t have to hope.

8 Likes

If MG isn’t going to make wholesale offensive changes at some point either in season or right after, then I’ll be on board with him being shown the door.

6 Likes

What he does in the next 144 hours is my last straw to save him, but I’m about 99% ready to move on to greener pastures. He can’t win without an OL coach or OC, but he’s the one who kept them on when we all told him to can them. His ego overrode common sense one too many times and it’s finally biting him in the ass.

10 Likes

I’ve been a huge Gundy defender for years. When people were calling for him to be fired and I stood by him. But this I think is my breaking point. Today was absolutely inexcusable. I’m embarrassed to be an OSU fan rn. He absolutely deserves to get canned.

8 Likes

Glad to have you on our side of the fence. I was here after 2019 Bedlam, and REALLY here after the OAN incident but 2021 reeled me back in.

4 Likes

Yup. This might be it.

4 Likes

Does anyone want to keep Gundy after this?

2 Likes

Y’all think this game is enough to motivate leadership to make changes?

2 Likes

It is really unbelievable that upper class OL can’t block well enough to hold a block or make a hole for a back ? It just baffles me to be that bad. I want Dickeys asz gone. I did last year but I’m done with him. I’m watching Wyoming drive thd length of the field against Texas Ground game mostly. And Wyoming was 1-11 last year

3 Likes

I think it starts the discussion.

Burn it down, we suck. Repurpose BPS to a softball stadium.

2 Likes

I heard through the grapevine from a pretty reliable source that for the admin and probably boosters, even a 10-win season might not be enough to save Gundy. I think President Shrum has had about enough and boosters aren’t far behind. They were ticked after the bowl game and the shenanigans and transfers that followed. He deserves all of this since he refused to make any changes on offense after last year’s collapse.

14 Likes

LOL

It’s unavailable

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like we will be worrying about a 10 win season.

5 Likes

Just asked @marshall if they cancelled it in the other thread.

1 Like

They might be unhappy but unless there’s somebody ready to pay the ~$25M it would take to fire him then nothing’s going to happen.

4 Likes

I was a student at OSU when Gundy was the QB. I have supported him through thick and thin, but he has lost me in the last year. He needed to make some changes in the worst way to the offense, but did nothing.
I have been hesitant to really say this out loud, but it’s time for him to retire. I understand he has a nice farm. Maybe it’s time for him to become a full time farmer.

6 Likes

@travis5266 I need you in here brother. You’ve been on this train longer than anyone else on here.

2 Likes

@SherlockOhms i got you, brother.

2 Likes