Oregon State game

I’d be interested in some bar/restaurant/brewery rec’s if you got them

I live close to Tacoma, WA so my family is driving down for the game. My folks (OSU grads too) who live in Stillwater are out here on vacation and we planned their visit so we could all go. Also meeting 5 other family members from OK there.
I haven’t spent time in Corvalis but get good reports of a small but cool town. Lots to do in Portland but traffic can get crazy bad, esp. on the holiday weekend. Just SW of Portland there lots of wineries. Oregon coast is beautiful and E of the mountains, Bend is a cool mountain town with lots of outdoor activities. The weather should seem dry and pretty nice for all coming from OK / TX areas but will probably cool off quickly for the late game.
The Beavers may have a decent offense but had one of the worst D’s in all of football last year. Their fans seem to be pretty laid back. So it should be a fun game.

Go Pokes!

I’m heading to Bandon with some friends Tuesday-Friday and then driving to Corvallis. Can’t wait!

Anyone know of any good spots for some day drinking in Corvallis? Would be fun to take over one of the local establishments.

1 Like

I used to live in Puyullup & Bonney Lake. Beautiful area but traffic is a nightmare and the ridiculously low speed limits don’t help either. Being the lone Cowboy fan at B-Dubbs while we were murdering Washington in the bowl game was a unique experience!

Wish I could be there now for this game but guess I’ll just have to settle for all the crazy Irish fans here in South Bend, IN

live in Portland. driving down Friday with 5 poke fans and looking to tailgate before the game. looking for tickets near the visitor section (9). probably 20-40 row area in section 10 or 11.

after the game will probably go to Squirrel’s (best dive bar in Corvallis). will be looking for Pete logos and correct brands!

Got any good dinner recommendations for Portland? Staying in the Pearl District on Thursday and Saturday night. Also any good sports bar recommendations for Saturday night to watch all the games?

The coast is gorgeous and Crater lake is awesome. If you golf and have deep pockets, a trip to Bandon Dunes is great. I did a bucket list trip there a few years ago and would go back again any time, if someone out there wants to pick up the tab!

The hottest food spot right now is called Eem: it’s a collaboration between an amazing Texas bbq cart and a killer street Thai food restaurant. The food is unreal. Other favorite spots are: Ox, St. Jack, Bless Your Heart, Matt’s BBQ (of said collab above). There’s too many in this town.

For sports bars, I don’t spend a ton of time on the west side, but I know On Deck is the upscale place to go, while Kingston is a more casual bar. If you want to cross the river, Spirit of '77 is a really cool spot with lots of games, and Claudia’s is an old school Portland staple that shouldn’t be missed.

Flying in with family from Oklahoma City. My girlfriend and I are 2 years removed and wondering if there will be any sorts of alumni aggregation or tailgates of any sort? New to this long travel lol. Thanks!

You should contact the point person for watch parties in Portland. Go to orangeconnection.org and look for the Oregon watch party.

Anyone staying in Portland this evening. Apologies to whoever sits in our section tomorrow. Our crew is wifeless and kidless, and we don’t get out often.

2 Likes

We are in Medford but driving up in a couple of hours. Hopefully you guys are rowdy with us in Section 9!

Gayle who runs those is awesome. I’ve watched with them twice and it’s a great time.

Looks they had a gig in Portland last night.

Email portland@orangeconnection.org as I would assume they’ll have a tailgate today. I’m with some friends that got an invite to an Oregon State tailgate but I’ll be dropping by any Pokes tailgates that I see.

Section 12 row 1.

1 Like

Looks like more cowboy fans here than beaver fans

Any OSU tailgates set up?

*OSU Cowboy

1 Like