Oregon State Gameday Thread

Our offense looked great tonight. Sanders-Chuba-Tylan is going to be trouble for every single team we face - yes, including OU. A few more games to work the kinks out and this offense could be 2011-level, without hyperbole.

Our defense, on the other hand, was atrocious (save Trace Ford and Malcolm Rodriguez). We got almost no pressure on the QB and our secondary appeared to either be incapable or unwilling to cover receivers with any degree of consistency or stopping power. That last touchdown when the game was out of hand? I saw almost no energy from the D. That needs to be fixed.

All in all, a good win over a surprisingly-game Oregon State. Keep the O clicking, make the D not terrible, and we may have a shot at big bowls this year.

1 Like

We gonna win the Big XII this year.

3 Likes

Offense was great. Didn’t really get stopped, Dillon Stoner definitely got a first down before the first punt, not sure why they didn’t review.

Defense needs to figure it out. D-Line seemed to get a little better as the game went on. Linebackers should improve as they get healthy. Secondary is supposed to be the strong piece of the defense and they were bad. Have to improve there.

1 Like

I couldn’t be happier to be wrong about this worry!

1 Like

Party at that Hampton Inn across the street!

Go Pokes!

Big question here… Biggest impact on the offense looking so much better. Gleeson or Sanders?

It’s really hard to tell with Dickey and Gleeson coming at the same time. Second level blocks by o-line seemed to be at an all-time high. That in conjunction with the TE motions really made a difference.

I will say Sanders was on the money more than he wasn’t in many different facets of the passing game. Pretty exciting to watch for a first live D1 performance from him.

PS His legs make my legs weak when he pulls it on the RPO.

Shjan97TyUJY4

1 Like

Lolz

10 thoughts on #okstate’s 52-36 win over Oregon State.

1 Like

Was the problem the OC or the QB?

OC. Corndog was decent enough. Team was in position to win 9 games last year… Stupid penalties, poor defense, and weird play calling cost us way more than QB play.

Whether Slinging Spencer Sanders was ready or not last year, and we can’t know either way, I still feel frustrated that level of elite talent just rode the pine last year. Not even 4 games and still preserve his RS.

(Which I’m not sure is gonna matter, if he improves at a typical rate end of 2020 he’ll be pro ready)

I sat next to some players parents last night and they didn’t know who the starter was until yesterday. So my question is this…is Spencer just a gamer? Because when you watch that game you’d never think there was a QB competition going up to the past week.

mariotaqb

1 Like

We fired Glenn because he couldn’t sign talent. That is why you are seeing Knowles play young players. They are better than the guys Glenn had been developing.

3 Likes

I can buy this. Trace Ford was a monster

Maybe Dru Brown is just as good and it really was a tough decision? I mean, could that be possible at all? Or is the only reasonable explanation that Gundy is stupy dumb dumb and can’t pick a QB?

2 Likes

I think that may be true. Sanders did hold the ball a little too long a couple times (especially early), but still succeeded. Good thing, if Spencer does go out, I’m feeling good about our backup. Hopefully we see Dru more next week in an early blowout.

1 Like

No clue. I don’t mind any decision Gundy makes with QBs.