OSU Baseball: Cowboys Add Pair of Transfer Pitchers

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-baseball-cowboys-add-pair-of-transfer-pitchers/

The Cowboys have grabbed a pair of pitchers out of the portal this week.

Scratching my head about picking up a kid with ERA of 6 and then 5.05. No wonder we can’t advance in post season. Call Gary Ward if he’s still alive. Get the hook!

1 Like

Josh needs to get out of regionals for a change. Many are running out of patience with him. Bring back the prestige of OSU baseball.

2 Likes

I’m wondering where we will get hitting next year ? Did we have some good freshman this past year or ones coming in ?

Bodendorph looks promising but Allman with the high ERA is doubtful he will had anything to our success. We need some big time pitchers come our way - a starter - a middle reliever and a closer. We need new blood with the recruitment of our pitching staff as Walton did OK this year assembling our pitching staff (and we will have two good starters next year) but time for him to retire.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Cowboy Pitching or Coach Walton and how he develops our pitching staff. Led Big 12 in ERA and 11th in NCAA ERA. Two CWS SEC Pitching Staffs just above OSU in Stats so statistically and realistically we were very competitive nationally and thats with pitching in a HR friendly park. It is a very fine line in College Baseball to consistently get to CWS, just ask Arkansas. Had best pitching staff in the country this yr and they did not make it out of their regional. Go Pokes, be thankful we have Josh and Coach Walton coaching for us.

Where we have struggled is leaving too many on base with a timely hit. We can’t play small ball

LMAO! If there’s one change that needs to be done, it’s kick Rob to the curb. Grumpy dude hasn’t developed many, I think we could much better.