OSU Baseball: Cowboys Bounce Back with 11-5 Win at Baylor

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-baseball-cowboys-bounce-back-with-11-5-win-at-baylor/

OSU finished with five unanswered runs.

1 Like

The end of this season kinda been sour. I still dnt get how Josh and Rob use their pitchers. Be nice nice if the boys could score more runs with bases loaded and no outs.

1 Like

The pitching has been fading, and offense struggles against really good pitching, which is true for each team. Thursday night’s game showed some real concerns again about our bullpen. At times Cowboys do not look like a top 10 team. Giving away an 11-3 lead, which is something you might expect from a softball game but not a team that was trying to win a conference championship. Inconsistent play the entire season. I would guess that the outcome of this season would be different if one of our top pitchers, Victor M., had not been injured. He has just begun to pitch again this week. A team that has two All-American pitchers can accomplish great things.

2 Likes

Well I will say give up 3 grand slams in 3 games don’t help. I kinda of know why they dnt pull pitcher, I just never seen it work. Letting a pitch give up a chit load of runs and load up the bases for the next pitcher doesn’t help. Dnt bring in a load the base with 1 or 0 outs, and bring in a contact, bring the heat. When your starters start. Getting rocked pull them, don’t wait. Dnt try and push innings out of guys that never had that much work.
Batting is OK we just dnt make things happen we a big inning could happen. 2 out hit needs to pick up.

1 Like

I watched most of the game cause I couldn’t get the softball game to work. Good win, Baylor’s not very good this season but we could’ve easily lost that one the way Baylor kept crawling back. I don’t get how zerOU can beat the dog snot out of T-Tech and we lose to them all three games, but that’s baseball sometimes.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood Robs way of leaving a pitcher in till you likely can’t win the game. He’s supposed to be one of the best, we have lots of injuries in our pitching staff over the years

1 Like