OSU Baseball: Cowboys Ranked in Top 10 in D1Baseball's Preseason Poll

Originally published at: OSU Baseball: Cowboys Ranked in Top 10 in D1Baseball's Preseason Poll | Pistols Firing

The Cowboys come in at No. 9 in the ranking.

1 Like

Nice. Top 10 in baseball. Top 3 in softball

2 Likes

Went we top 5 last year. Im glad. Gives us hope. Its been a while since the last Omaha trip.
Lets get it.

2 Likes

I always get extra pumped for baseball seasons and now the last 3-5 years in softball have been amazing. Love watching these guys and gals swing the sticks.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the first pitch of the season!!

1 Like

Surprised about McLean. Thought he was gone for sure. Anyone hear what was the issue with the orioles

1 Like

“I want to thank the Baltimore Orioles for drafting me and giving me a chance to learn more about their organization,” McLean said in the post. “Unfortunately, we were not able to come to an agreement by today’s signing deadline, and I will be heading back to Oklahoma State this fall for my junior year. #UnfinishedBusiness #GoPokes!”

1 Like

Huh… guessing it was $$$

I am really excited to have him back. Pretty big!

1 Like

Yep. Big bat. Trying to hit it out every AB.

1 Like

Really excited about a lot of players this year. Riggio started slow last year, but ended raking almost every at bat. Mendham is just a beast. Brown is solid. Gonna miss the energy of Doersching. We lost a lot of pitchers. That’s where I am curious to see if we can improve on last years pitching. It will be tough.

1 Like

Ok, Cowboy y Baseball is my realm here. The top 10 is too high to me. The Cowboys problem is going to be pitching on the front and back end. The offense is going to be a little different this year too. I think the Cowboys are a top 20 team. Top 10 is too high to me.

1 Like

They looked good against the Rangers prospects back in October. Have a couple of pitchers throwing mid to high 90s and we had some good hitting. I’m not sure what class those Rangers prospects were but likely low A with maybe a few in high A. Final score 8-1 us, but I kinda wonder how much a lot of those Rangers prospects had been playing, but still, a nice win even though it doesn’t count.

“The top 10 is too high to me. The Cowboys problem is going to be pitching on the front and back end”

Like I said…….29 runs in 15 innings. Bad. Just really, really bad. Now the bright side was Stebens (Stillwater/Cowley Co) looked good & so did the freshman Shatwell (Tuttle/Santa Fe). This bunch will win a bunch of games & will pound the baseball later on. But man the pitching staff as a whole is gonna be a problem.

2 Likes

I was afraid our pitching would suffer after losing so much last year. I didn’t expect it to be 29 runs in 15 innings bad. The Mizzou game gave me a little confidence, but that was quickly squashed on Sat and Sun. At least last year we competed with Vandy. We had better get something figured out fast.

Its not the first season we started of slow
Its actually the norm

Watts gives the Cowboys a legit #1, which gives you a key piece. I’ll be curious if they leave him as the Fri night guy or try to put him in the Sat slot. I’m sure they’ll stick with the chalk & leave him on Fri. But they’re gonna have a hard time finding that 2 & 3 starter. I thought it was interesting giving Phillips his first start of his collegiate career against Vandy, in GlobeLife. Just threw him out there in a tough spot

1 Like