OSU Baseball: Cowboys Secure Series Win against No. 3 Vanderbilt with 7-5 Victory

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-baseball-cowboys-secure-series-win-against-no-3-vanderbilt-with-7-5-victory/

The Cowboys knock off the Commodores in Nashville.

1 Like

It’s still February and there’s a lot of baseball to be played. Still, people will be talking about this series win around the country. It’s the kind of result that could play a huge role in NCAA tournament seeding.
Very excited to see how the rest of the season will play out.

Sure was fun to watch those bats finally come alive. I hope this trend continues. It was just a little payback from last year. #GOPOKES

Me too. This gives us something to look forward to.

Go pokes

This bunch is really good & will only get better. There are some VERY talented pups on this bunch that can absolutely GO. Some dudes. And there are a bunch of in-state kids too. OSU baseball is on the verge of being really, really good. Oklahoma kid on the mound & behind the dish to close it out

1 Like

It was a statement win. It’s a great start. Sure better then going 1 and 2 to grand canyon.

1 Like

I will say this………I think the Closer role will either be by committee or a different guy before it’s all said and done. I love TM, but his mentality has never been what I want out of a Closer. I think they’re still shuffling some things in the pitching dept.

Best OSU win this weekend IMO.

1 Like

I hope the whole staff controls their walks. It’s early.

1 Like

Way to many strikeouts , 17 first day, 11 the next

1 Like

That is osu baseball.

1 Like

That’s baseball at all levels now. The game is completely different than it used to be. “Choke n’ poke” is out. It’s now “elevate and celebrate”. Games 2 & 3 combined, OSU & Vandy struck out 53 times combined (OSU-27 Vandy-26). I don’t like it either.

How bout shortening up your bat and stroke with two strikes and at least put it in play. Make them make routine out instead of giving them one. The new kid Doershing (sp) is a good find and the pitching seems much ahead of last year

1 Like

I agree. But you and I are old-timers now. That’s not how the game is played anymore

1 Like

I said this in Feb

“ I will say this………I think the Closer role will either be by committee or a different guy before it’s all said and done. I love TM, but his mentality has never been what I want out of a Closer. I think they’re still shuffling some things in the pitching dept”

Nailed it.

Looks like it’s McLean’s to lose now

1 Like

I don’t think that’ll be a permanent thing. He’s got the mentality you want, but doesn’t have the explosive stuff you want. I think you’re gonna see a midweek starter get a chance there. Or they simply go by committee and just match up righty V righty/lefty V lefty. They’ve got a freshman on staff that COULD be, but he’s got some UCL issue right now. This bunch is good……but they’re not top 5 typa good.

He’s the best we have right now. He reached 96-97 at times , haven’t seen enough to know what type of movement he has on it. Davis I think was the one Texas rocked for a trio before he left. There are some arms if they improve, I’m concerned about a day three starter. The freshman you talked about it hurt losing him.
Bats have seemed to come alive the last two weeks…. Not a top 5, too many left on base, running errors that haven’t improved. Pitching iffy after first two starters

1 Like