OSU blasts Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, Little Rock

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-blasts-southern-illinois-edwardsville-little-rock/

OSU wins big over SIUE and a young Little Rock team.

1 Like

133 has not won a match.
Brock almost got himself in trouble he has always over shot.
It is two 165 to 190 are rolling
Harper did better this week.
Harris real cut it close on both his match. Has problems get escape from big boys. But he is 4 and 0.
Doing good. We know what he is, small but a fighter.
I hope with no competition it wont hurt us. We may only face 2 ranked teams? Only one rank player so far.

Wondering why Neiman is at 133 instead of Reece Witcraft? Does that mean Witcraft is cutting weight to be at 125 when Fix returns in Feb.? Can Witcraft beat Trevor Mastrogiovani?
Or is Witcraft having trouble cutting weight to be at 133 based on comment by John Smith after the first match of the season by Witcraft?
At this point it looks like when Fix returns we will have only one weak weight and one weight that can be questionable. The one weight is obviously heavyweight. Harris is not going to beat guys who outweigh him and are also solid wrestlers. The questionable weight as I see it will be at 141 where I think Brock is too small and will have a tough time with really good competition. So it’s a really solid lineup and we give nothing away having 3 freshman as starters. But we really needed that heavyweight transfer from Purdue. I wonder what the story was with him? I look forward to seeing how the team does when we finally wrestle a good team. Very interesting interview I heard recently with Chandler Rogers who used to be at 165 and now is asst. coach at Little Rock. He said he now weights 210.

2 Likes

Witcraft is 2nd at 125. He wrestled 133 last week and lost. Brock should be find but some times he over shuts and gets tired up. But he fought thur it.

Witcraft lost in a close ranking match to Mastrogiovanni: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/recap-cowboys-show-potential-in-orange-and-black-dual/