OSU-Georgetown Game Thread

That’s how it should be.

2 Likes

I sat on the floor, free throw line extended my senior year (86-87). I believe prior years were open student seating. We camped out for games back then too… long before “Camp Sutton”.

3 Likes

People just walk in at tip now. Heh.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m jealous of Duke.

Yep, it just like Cameron Indoor. Looks great on TV for them. However, it looked funny on TV for us like everything did before the renovation/expansion due to that funky camera angle.

1 Like

I think we’ll get back there as long as we win. A game in a packed, loud GIA is so much fun. More fun (by a lot) than a football game in my humble opinion. Once the students experience that - on a regular basis and not just Bedlam and KU - they’ll be hooked. It won’t happen overnight but I feel confident it will happen. #LetsWork

4 Likes

Here is he difference between a crazy game in BPS and a crazy game in GIA. There are probably 25 other college football stadiums with equal or better atmospheres than BPS if it is a huge game for the home team. Out of 120ish college football teams, that puts it probably around 80th percentile. Back in the day, CBS rated GIA the loudest arena in the country. When it is full and rolling, there are maybe 10 comparable atmospheres out of 360ish teams. GIA is in the 99th percentile of atmospheres in the entire dang sport.

10 Likes

Hearing some rumblings this morning that Isaac Likekele might be sick. Haven’t been able to confirm or deny the claims, but something to look out for. I just talked to Isaac on Monday, and he seemed fine then.

1 Like

So true. If I remember right, holder made the move and got flack for it. Came out saying alumni were the “true fans” and not the students, right before the season

Well, those are $prime$ seats. Not sure I like the “true fans” comment if indeed that was said that way. I assume that change happened in the small arena config and has continued forward to today. Seems like we have enough great seats in the upper middle section that we could make the switch back just for the sake of the environment. However, I don’t minimize the need to consider the financials in the decision. Probably would cost us money.

1 Like

Looks like tonight is Ice’s flu game.

1 Like

Sure, but sometimes they need to look at things long term. A recruit seeing all of those seats filled with students going crazy has to have some sort of an effect.

Going back to Duke…yes, playing for Coach K, being guaranteed to go to the NBA, those are all good reasons. But surely, seeing all those students heckle opposing players from literally a few feet away has to play somewhat into the decision. I think it creates a great environment, and helps in the overall recruiting effort.

Putting students in seats simply to distract guys shooting free throws is dumb. Students are the lifeblood. You can count on them being there before alums.

Yep, I’m completely with you but would have to understand immediate-term and long-term financials before I took too strong an opinion on the matter.

Absolutely, Hilton, Allen and GIA (when full) are on another level from the rest of the conference. The Athletic did a player poll at Big 12 media day this year and the players there voted GIA their #2 favorite arena behind Allen to play-in, and that’s with mediocre crowds for most of the games.

3 Likes

Definitely some flux with them potentially not have players tonight and Ice questionable. This would be a solid tournament resume building game and hope they take care of business.

CURSIVE COWBOYS tonight!!!..how many more thread can I put this on?

7 Likes

Can’t wait to watch this one! I love the cursive cowboys look too.

It’s definitely a game we should win at home, but it should still be a good test. I’m interested to see if Yor can keep the momentum going against a solid big in Yurtseven.

I’m betting on a decent but loud crowd and an 8-10 point win!

2 Likes

Welcome to the s**t show pal.

1 Like

“Welcome to the pahty pal!”

It feels so good to be excited for every single basketball game again. Cowboy basketball was my first love as a kid in diapers, but sometimes it felt like a chore to follow the program. I always watched, but it wasn’t always fun. This is fun.

12 Likes