OSU Portal Target Brennan Armstrong Lands with NC State

Rangel’s not ready IMO. I’d love to have Grayson McCall but knowing Gundy he’s being Gumby and didn’t even offer.

That’s not how the college football world is going to work anymore. With the portal and NIL, schools like OSU are not going to be able to keep a class together for 3-4 years without key pieces being poached by blue bloods. Not to mention that it is not acceptable to be mediocre for a few years and then have a 10 win season every third or fourth year.

1 Like

That’s the old OSU loser mentality. Pat Jones had six losing seasons in a row, including a 0-10-1 thrown in there. That should not have been okay in the 90s and it’s certainly not okay anymore, but neither is the thinking that winning 7 games is okay. Not today. Not with a coach that makes $7.5 million. Not with the money spent. I don’t expect the Cowboys to win a national title every year, but I do expect more than 1 conference championship every 18 years. I do expect better than a 3-15 Bedlam record. Perhaps Gundy is a victim of his own success–but the bar has been raised at Oklahoma State and right now, he’s not clearing it.

5 Likes

We would be happy with a conference championship. Or even more than 1 appearance in the conference championship. Anything more than what we have now.

You bring up national championships when we have a coach who can’t win the conference more than once every 20 years.

2 Likes

Everyone is missing my point. I don’t have any meaningful effect on the team or outcome of any game. You say I have a loser mentality but I’m not a player and my donations don’t individually make much difference especially because I give more to academics. Wallowing in misery isn’t helping the team. I’m not happy and expect change, but the vitriol people like you throw out there is absurd, especially towards an alum of the school you’re ostensibly a fan of. Just last year we went 12-2 and won a NY6 bowl. Sure, I would have loved to come home with the B12 trophy, but we are so far removed from the irrelevancy I saw when I was a student the comparison is laughable. My mindset and my expectations and my anger can’t change a thing on the field. I wear orange regardless.

2 Likes

Losers cry a lot :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like