OSU Portal Target Brennan Armstrong Lands with NC State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-portal-target-brennan-armstrong-lands-with-nc-state/

The Cowboys come up empty in the Armstrong race.

1 Like

Good thing Gundy told Sanders to get lostā€¦

Jelani McDonald also committed to Texas. Great.

1 Like

Well this QB hole is going to continue to be worrisome

1 Like

Maybe Ewers will jump in the portal againā€¦

2 Likes

Please no Ewers! lol He was pretty much responsible for our win versus Texas, but that was when he had on a Longhorn uniform!! lol I will take my chances with Rangel and Flores and G Gundy before I added Ewers. jmhoā€¦

What is bothersome to me is our portal players of interest ā€˜destinationsā€™. Tulsa?? NC State?? San Diego State?? et alā€¦ suddenly, these programs are more attractive than are the Cowboys???

It is time to revamp the Cowboy Culture and program if that is the case. again, jmhoā€¦

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: AND POKE-ETTES!!

1 Like

Ewers would give us a 5 starā€¦ you know, stars mean everythingā€¦

4 Likes

Yea Ewers is a prime example showing stars arenā€™t everything

3 Likes

I think he would have to be a grad transfer since he already transferred once. I may be wrong though

1 Like

But also, OU, Norte dame, USC, potentially auburn. Etc

2 Likes

I think this is actually good. Itā€™s best for OSU to let Rangel take his lumps, learn the offense, develop his skills, and gain experience.

The Oklahoma Stateā€™s of the world donā€™t ā€œreloadā€ every year with a seasoned, veteran QB ready to contend for titles year in, year out. Weā€™re better off trying to gel a contender every 3, 4 years by letting a class mature together and make a run as Juniors & Seniors who have come up together. Weā€™re no Bama. It canā€™t work like that for us. You all know itā€™s true.

1 Like

I would agree with that statement of trying to get as a contender every three to four years. The problem is we donā€™t find ourselves playing for a conference title or really winning anything major with that current model. That model is also not sustainable due to the current portal trend. If you want to be a contender you need to get portal players and replace them with equal talent or better that youā€™ve lost. See also the following examples here:

Michigan State: 27 portal players, record 11-2, (2021)

TCU: 20 portal players, record 13-1, playing for a national title, (2022)

1 Like

While I agree with you 100% I wonder with the current landscape of the Transfer portal/NIL and rampant ā€œtamperingā€ if that is even possible for a school like OSU. As soon as your player gets good they get poached.

3 Likes

You mean ā€œdevelopā€ like as in how they developed spencer? They need to get a new developer in Stillwater.

3 Likes

Did the kid from Redd Foxx :smiley: University get outta town without accepting?

1 Like

Your exactly right. The reason your right is we are still under the same coaching staff that makes this impossible to do get to another level.

4 Likes

Please tell me how much your misery and grousing has helped the team. Have you enjoyed the most successful stint in OSU football history at all, or is it just National Championship or failure for you?

2 Likes

Always strive to be bettet

1 Like

That doesnā€™t mean I havenā€™t enjoyed gundyā€™s ride. Iā€™m just using this as an example because itā€™s a good but do you think tcu would be where they are if their administration didnā€™t let the winningest coach of their school go because it became stale? Iā€™m aware that itā€™s not normal for a team like tcu to achieve this on a regular basis but ask them how excited they are to be on the biggest stage of college football and ask them if they are upset with their athletic director for his strive to get better.

3 Likes

The ride tho is old and needs repairs yesterday. Fair question tho.

2 Likes

Good!!!