OSU vs Baylor Game Thread šŸ€

Weā€™re so easily in if we had won those games lol. Our only bad loss in terms of NET is SIU. Weā€™d be sitting at 18-11 and like a 7 seed roughly

3 Likes

Good logic. Except we donā€™t really recruit basketball players, Brian. We recruit ā€œathletesā€ that happen to play basketball :laughing: Big difference, which may explain why the team as a whole arenā€™t the most consistently [good] shooters :smirk: I still think if the defense returns to pre-KU game form, we can have a decent chance regardless. Need one of those ā€œugly winsā€ :wink:

2 Likes

We really need the w against Baylor.

Otherwise we would have been swept by the top 4 teams in the league, meaning no real quality wins outside ISU away.

Tcu with no miles the committee will see through

3 Likes

The committee absolutely does not look into that stuff. They canā€™t go through every game that teams win and decide how impactful a missing player is

You donā€™t think?

When you start talking bubble, thereā€™s really only 8 teams or so that are vying for those last 4 spots.

Wouldnā€™t be tough to really dig in on those 8.

No telling too if they have people who only hone in on specific conferences then give their 2 cents to the broader committee.

We can still get in with a loss Monday, but would be forced to win in Lubbock. And I donā€™t see any logical way we win Monday. So itā€™ll come down to the game vs tech. And then most likely another in KC.

Throw logic out the window with this team. My favorite phrase from elementary school, ā€œIf there is a will, there is a way.ā€ OSUMBB have shown that, in spurts, they can hang with anyone. And any opponent can have one bad game. Perhaps OSU put it together for one magical ā€œwillā€ game against Baylor like they did ISU. Play 10 games, Baylor definitely wins at least 9. But we only play 1 game, so maybe we will ourselves to win that one.

Maybeā€¦and this is pure hyperboleā€¦a coach should have his team playing well from the opening tip of the season, in order to avoid situations like this.

ā€œBoynton teams start slowā€ will not be an acceptable excuse next season.

1 Like

They absolutely judge teams by injuries. It happens all the time where they move teams up and down seed lines based off injuries. Iā€™m sure they were well aware that a player the caliber of miles was out. Just like Iā€™m sure they knew Cisse was out.
Now how heavily they weigh each injury Iā€™m sure wildly varies each year

I disagree. It would take them forever to go through every teams wins and losses and factor in missing players. We won the game, it was a quad 1 win, and thatā€™s that

1 Like

I agree. I defend MB a lot obviously, but Iā€™ve never defended the fact that we lose too many non con games. Shouldnā€™t be losing to SIU or UCF when we were up in both games by about 20 if I remember correctly

3 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s no way we should have lost those.

3 Likes

Line is only Baylor -1.5?

1 Like

Trying to lure in some sucker bets. We lose by double digits.

2 Likes

:eyes:

:flushed:

3 Likes

So you think there is a chance?!

1 Like

A better chance now!

That is great news.

Flagler and cryer are going to get theirs, but if we can get some early fouls on their bigs and limit Love and Lohner weā€™ll have a shot.

3 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Always, always a chance.

2 Likes