OSU vs. UMKC Game Thread (PFB+)

The Boone brothers, with another year of experience and weight training, are going to be monsters next year.

5 Likes

That recovery block by AA!

1 Like

What a block by AVERY!

1 Like

Avery Anderson is so much fun to watch.

2 Likes

@marshall I’m unable to watch today, but I’d love to understand kind of everyone’s role in this team. In your 5 thoughts (or a separate article), can you summarize kind of what you think it’ll be. Like how does Laurent look/what is the expectations going forwards. Same with all new guys.

This is interesting, but something I think I’m going to need to see a few more games to have a solid grasp on.

1 Like

Laurent and Chris Harris have been the toughest to pin down thus far.

1 Like

Yeah that’s kind of what I thought. I expected Laurent to be the 6th man and take over more for Yor and Cam but it doesn’t seem like that’s the case

1 Like

Okay, maybe it’s just me, but Lindy in particular looks kind of…checked out this year. Like, he’s been pretty ‘shoot first, then maybe pass’ even with bad shots. Not that he’s played poorly, but he looks like he’s bringing a different energy to the court and it’s not really a more positive one. That may be my perspective, though.

I’ve heard a few people say that, but to me, Lindy has always been a mellow guy. I haven’t seen a huge difference, personally.

ICE block!

And that’s fair. It may just be what I’m seeing. Like, the younger kids have the ‘joy’ going on and even Cam does…but Lindy and Dizzy seem to not be super-happy. Again, I have no real basis on that - just the energy I see on the floor, that’s all.

1 Like

Ice is eating UMKC’s guards alive.

2 Likes

So. Ice is our best player this year and it almost doesn’t even close, right? He’s just so good on both ends of the floor

Ice is a stud. Even if we don’t get Bryce, having him and Cade on the floor together next year is going to give every single team major trouble.

Yor might have something to say about that.

1 Like

The love that OSU fans have for Trey Reeves is wonderful. He’s like our Brian Scalabrine.

3 Likes

Anderson III has some ball hawkin’ skills.

Dont know if it stays this way with coach B throughout the season but i love his rotation strategy … getting 10 players in double-digit minutes etc …As much as i loved coach eddie … i did get tired of seeing him each season playing his standard 7-8 players the entire season …there were many games/losses i felt happened because the team got tired… most of the time the starters were still playing 30(+) min and the reserves at best got 7-10 min a game …

1 Like

It’s a great technique that will pay off down the road.

1 Like

Reminds of the Florida teams when they had Teddy Dupay, etc. They would just demolish teams with depth and wearing them out.

1 Like