OSU Wrestling Offseason Tracker: Keeping Up with the Cowboys' Moves This Offseason

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-wrestling-offseason-tracker-keeping-up-with-the-cowboys-moves-this-offseason/

Keeping up with everything Cowboy Wrestling this offseason.

Fish told me he will go at either 165 or 157. He is a small 165. I heard also Thompson might redshirt and Hamati might go at 174. He is quit a bit bigger than Fish. I think you are right on all the weights - I just don’t see Surber beating out Carroll at 197. Hughes at 133 is a Yes!

3 Likes

Thompson would benefit from redshirt. He was not ready to be a starter last season.
Hamiti at 174 is a better choice. Fish at 165 is right.
I think with the star studded coaching staff, the guys who floundered at NCAA tournament will not do that again.
We probably won’t see Surber again. His injuries derailed his season. He’s really good when healthy , but Carroll is at another level. He’ll make a great workout partner for Carroll.
133 belongs to Cael Hughes. No one else need apply. Could be our next Daton Fix.
Williams is going to have a different style because of the coaching. He will be a terror if he remains healthy.
It’s a solid lineup.
Podium possible: Cael Hughes, Williams, Plott, Carroll, Hendrickson.
I don’t know about Fish or Hamiti because haven’t seen either wrestle. Hopefully, Spratley and Jamison can bring in some consolation round points.
I can’t wait to see the transfers and recruits that DT brings in going forward. There will no longer be any under performing teams.
Caldwell probably kept on for his administrative know-how.
We still will not have the lineup that should schedule a dual with PSU. We will see if DT starts sending teams to the Midlands tournament.

2 Likes

Surber had his arm in a sling at the press conference. Apparently had some sort of shoulder surgery

3 Likes

Andrew Alirez will return to Northern Colorado. I thought that might be the final piece to really flip this lineup.

1 Like

Hamiti has already made the podium, Spratley was a stall call from making the podium. He will be more aggressive and a better wrestler under DT, Hughes we will see , he’s supposed to be the real deal. Every starter going into next year should be better

1 Like

Good to see someone here is tuned into the guys. Hope you continue to give us news
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the good info! Also just saw we got another 165 transfer Cameron Anime from Michigan. So if Fish goes 157, Amine goes 165, Hamiti goes 174 and Teague Travis possibly goes to the bench now?

2 Likes

I revised this based on the info you all were telling me

125-Spratley
133-Hughes
141-Jamison
149-Williams
157-Fish or Travis
165-Anime or Fish
174-Hamiti; Redshirt for Thompson
184-Plott
197-Carroll; Surber as backup if healthy
285-Hendrickson; Doucet as backup

2 Likes

Great Job! I believe you nailed the line-up!

1 Like

Evan - I believe Rin Sakamoto might be our guy at 133 and Hughes might go at 141. Of course we have Jamison at 141 - may the best guy win or there is the possibility Jamison might try and go at 149 and a possible Williams move to 157. He has the frame to easily put on weight and go at 157. With a little l coaching and working with him on his mental game Williams could be a stud. I definitely believe Fish will try and make a go at 157 and he and Travis will battle along with possibly Williams.