OSU's Backup Quarterbacks Making Strides, But Inexperience is a Concern

In the same category as Cornelius, Walsh, and Robinson. They don’t have elite talent or skill in any area, but they have kind of an all-around skillset and enough savvy to use their limitations intelligently.

1 Like

Don’t you know referencing politics in your article is a no-no, @kyleboone? I’ve gotten in trouble in the Chamber for less.

He won some big games but also lost badly to unranked teams in Tech, Iowa St, Baylor and TCU. He was so hit or miss. Loved him when he was here but not a legend. Sorry Bud.

1 Like

Yea he wasn’t legend but if given a few more years starting who knows

Yea him having the 95th defense was a blessing for him. Also, was good his kicker didnt make extra points.

Oh what are those bad things. Well i guess we just should blame the qb.

1 Like

OK lets dive into your response here Robert. The kicker missing extra points cost 1 game, not one of the game’s mentioned. He played great in bedlam. The 95th best defense is irrelevant, That didn’t factor into how TC played. D was less than steller but consistent throughout the year. Thanks to Big Dave we are able to go back and watch just about any game we want on Youtube. If you would do that (and I don’t blame you if you don’t) you’ll see that in those losses i mentioned before, he just didn’t play well. Again, i love the kid but he was either hit or miss and when he was off he was usually WAY off. If you look at the tools he had at his disposal that year (Wallace, Chuba, Justice, Jelanie, Stoner). He had playmakers around him, he just struggled to get them the ball. Offense put up 17, 12 and 24 against 3 of the worst teams in the Big 12 that year. Kinda cringy. TC doesn’t deserve all the blame, but to say he’s not responsible is just denying the obvious. You really think he could have been a Legend? Like Really? I mean come on.

1 Like

Gunnar Gundy…WILL…throw for more career passing yards than his pops

1 Like

Lol i dnt know if i should cry or laugh at you.

We lost 4 games 7 points or less. In what world would the defense being irrelevant be correct.

I never said legend. But the 501 yards and 40 some points in a bedlam win would have been legendary. So no defense or kicker cost a beautiful chance.

That defense forgot to cover half the field a few times.

I still love it 95th defense was irrelevant to winnig.

That defense was irrelevant to others offenses.

1 Like

Well TC is playing Pro ball so that says that he ain’t chopped liver, and yes it is Canada but one has to be pretty good to play in that league

2 Likes

Is this topic about TC or the defense? I’m stating my reason’s for believing TC wasn’t a great QB. You keep talking about the defense and blaming them for the losses. We all agree, they were bad, but again irrelevant to how TC played. Did I say the defense was irrelevant to winning? You either can’t read or only hear what you want. 17 at home against Tech, 12 pts in Manhattan. Thats not great! If you think it is, your standards are too low.

1 Like

So mahomes is a bad qb. Had 2 games his 3rd year 10 and 17. While going 5 and 7. The logic is there both play pro ball and both suck

1 Like

So this is what adult ADHD looks like…nice. You’re argument sucks so you keep going off on tangents to try and support your side. Whatever. You keep thinking TC is as good as Mahomes if you want. Thats funny right there.

I pretty sure your the one having troubles. First you try and say i said tc was legendary. Then you only point to say he is a bad qb is he scored under 20 points in 2 games.
You disregard defense. I used your logic to point out mahomes fits too. I using your rules the problem is you turn into a baby when some points out the flaws of your rules.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

I sure we will see the 2 back up alot in the first 3 games. Some where between 6 to 9 series. Plus the ku and tcu games.

1 Like

I think you are right about this unless OSU decides to play down to the non-conference teams and makes the game(s) close in which case there will be no choice but to leave QB1 in the game.

2 Likes

Yes. Last 2 years have started with the offense beat up and young. My assumption was were health.

The only real game is cmu. Their base the game on a running attack with rpo. Thats are defenses string point.

If we can get our 2nd and 3rd in will will be well rested by the baylor game.

Baylor is already scrimmaging. They will be tierd and beat up by game 5. There not have luck getting their offense set.

1 Like

Maybe you read that wrong. I said if he had been given the opportunity to have been the starter for more years. I believe I said 3-4 years.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone is saying TC was better than MaHomes , just pointing out all qbs have bad games. TC played as well as he could. He had talent, just had off days

1 Like