OSU's Backup Quarterbacks Making Strides, But Inexperience is a Concern

Originally published at: OSU's Backup Quarterbacks Making Strides, But Inexperience is a Concern | Pistols Firing

Gundy and Garret have the talent but lack experience. Here’s how they’re growing.

1 Like

Not much we can learn about this other then their noth not great. Poke report acted like gunnar could of had a good day yesterday. But couldnt read the article

1 Like

The fact that OSU never has a good backup is concerning. Cowboys must get better at recruiting this position if they’re ever going to compete with big dogs.

According to some on here we are the top dog, so I don’t think they will hear you.

1 Like

We hear him not you.

1 Like

Well here’s your chance to convince him how great corndog was.

1 Like

We are talking about the same corndog that has records in the book. Play professional. The one that was delt the worst defense in the gundy era.

Sure i can talk about corndog.

2 Likes

3-6 corndog!

1 Like

Yes yes yes 95th defense.

Guy account for a good offense. Beat good teams. At some point you have got to realize football is a team sport. When your defense choices to cover half the field how is thats corndog fault.

Yes your narrative is a bad one

1 Like

12 points against K state
17 points against Texas Tech

1 Like

The only way we are seeing the backups in action is if we decide not to play down to the level of the competition. Which I could totally see them doing the very first game of the season.

@ar1 @joe15 we get to read your excuses for being homers. 3 weeks and we start winning. Cry babies cry

1 Like

Not if another Hail Mary is on the table.

Its funny that you guys can be so obsessed that you dnt get bored riting the same chit every day. I just pass the day with you. I write a lot of new stuff with ne articles. You rite the same blah blah blah

1 Like

Well not never, Weeden was a pretty good backup. But yea this year is a bit concerning regarding the backup QB role. With the transfer portal as it is the chances of having slim pickens at QB2 in any given year is way more probable than in years past.

1 Like

Well if history with Sanders holds true this year we will see QB2 in a game or two this year

Lunt-Walsh-Chelf all had 1,000 yards passing in the same season. That was a solid QB room. Walsh’s eventual backup was Rudolph even though Garman did suck. Corndog was a good backup.

2 Likes

TC would have been a legend if he had the opportunity to play 3-4 years.

4 Likes

Anytime you have two quality QB one will will usually transfer , it’s just the way it works now. No one wants to wait their turn even if it’s going to a smaller school. The goons last, you knew Rattler wasn’t going to sit on the bench another year. Illingworth was serviceable and left. Heard he’s having a hard time winning that job

1 Like

Legend? Dunno. He could’ve been a Clint Chelf type, though. Chelf is kind of my favorite no-frills, got it done on the field type of guy.

2 Likes