OSU's Cade Cunningham Experiment Goes as Planned, and That's Great for Mike Boynton

Excellent post and perspective!.. I love the Cowboy faithful, but I do feel like they often have over-inflated expectations regarding both players and coaches across a variety of sports… The fact the a potential NBA First Overall selection would voluntarily choose to play at Oklahoma State would have seemed like an insane pipe-dream just 2 or 3 years ago, and now that it’s happened, and we were gifted an incredibly successful season given national expectations, there are those already questioning how it happened and hedging their bets for the teams future!. This isn’t Mike Grundy, who has had 15 seasons, and seen national success, only to continually fail to reach general expectations… This is a basketball coach, and a team, expected to do almost nothing after only a few seasons together, who went on to destroy those expectations, and likely secure the highest honor for one of its athletes entering the next level!. I’ve heard many of you continue to defend the football program, even after it’s multiple lackluster seasons and recruiting woes… but in Boynton’s 3rd year he does something thought unachievable by our basketball program, and you want to question it, and our teams future success?. Come on now… be consistent, be intelligent, or stay off the boards

1 Like

Well then he will have no problems getting a couple of guys for this year

What exactly did we do.
We were pick 7th. And I remember everyone including thinking that was bs. So as fans I don’t see he over achieved. By some fans talk he under achieved.
This next or life after cade will show us where we’re going.
Over achieving would have want both tcu games and 2 more in the dance.
Will see if he close out games. 4 starters back and a whole of others who played alot.
We’ve had the # 1 and lottery pics before so cade was not that far up.

The #1 who never played a game at OSU? “So Cade was not that far up.” Jesus you really are stupid.

Most ranked wins in school history. Most quad 1 wins in school history (T-1 in the nation). Beat Baylor to make the conference title game, who is obliterating Gonzaga in the national championship game as we speak. Won a tournament game for only the 2nd time in school history from anyone other than Sutton or Iba. Finished the season 1 spot outside of the top 10 in the nation at #11. Will almost assuredly have the #1 overall pick. And no, OSU has not ever had the #1 overall pick before. 3rd is the highest any cowboy has ever been taken and that was 72 years ago. Cade will be the first #1 pick.

They had a ton of accomplishments this year. I agree with your take on the football program but I’m confused at how you can defend them when they constantly finish lower than they’re picked but ridicule the basketball team for finishing above where they were picked.

1 Like

Absolutely! I feel like I’m one of the only ones on here that supports the overall accomplishments of both the football and basketball programs lol. Everyone either hates Gundy’s guts or hates Boynton’s guts. Truth is we enjoyed more combined success between the two teams this year than most teams across the country can say. Both finished on a sour note but we’ve been spoiled to the point of resentment by the successes of our athletic programs.

1 Like

Green did commit. What about smart. He still was a lottery pick. Idiot

I dnt hate boynton. Just because ur ride some high natural or not.
We had a great year. Its nice the basketball ball team get with the other programs.
I’m going to give boynton a ride till the ban is over.
He still has 11 cowboys on the team. They have talent.
So it will be down to boynton to step up.
U are the that pointed out the games without cade they won. So, if true then we should be fine. I still think with a more mature and coach development we will be fine.

Some of ur stats are new. Quad wins what a 10 year old stat?
Have one and done’s sound good a some my think they help recuirt. But they really don’t help a school like us.
We have seen it in the league.
Next team does any good we could have alot of guys leaving.
I think walker will be the man next year.
If the ref make offense charging less important will help this team the most.
I not watch nba maybe offense charging is ok. But I’ve never hear of so many, and why boynton didn’t stop it.

Massive difference between lottery and the number 1 overall pick. You said it’s “not that high up there” which is complete bullshit. And that other number 1 never played a game in an OSU jersey. It’s almost like your brain can’t compute simple sentences. It’s sad how dumb you are.

How ever u want to look at it, its over cade is gone. So keep bring it up. It was nice he was here and we can always bring it up to recurits.
I just hope we dnt have to settle for players this year.

"After cade "is going to be rougher then people think, in recruiting.

We got alot of nice players if boynton can clean them up.