OSU's College Football Championship Odds Third-Best Among Big 12 Teams

41-13 tells you everything you need to know.

Yes, good job rainman. U can repeat last years score. I have a tootsie roll( :poop:) for u.

2 Likes

Joe uO only scored 12 points on us in 2000, and only scored 13 on FSU. If you remember, late in the game we were driving, and deep in uO territory when Rocky Calmus hit our QB in the face, with the crown of his helmet, late in the game and should have been called for a roughing the passer. Had that happened we would have probably scored a touchdown and won that game. uO has been protected by the refs many times over the years . . . the goonner fans call is Sooner magic.

2 Likes

Ah ha! So Gundy is going to open the Del Miller play book later in the season. For now just corn beef hash! Brilliant!

Too bad Marcellus Rivers couldn’t hold onto the football in the end zone or we would’ve won the game.

One interesting thing about that game: Minus the turnovers, he hit a high completion percentage and had a ton of yards. Played really really well except for the turnovers.

1 Like

FWIW: My TV screen will not show one play of this Saturday’s SEC Game of the Week (OU v Texas).

1 Like

How will u scout Texas

1 Like

Hopefully with Hubbard gone he won’t have hand of issues, knock on wood

1 Like

“…why Mike Gundy might be putting together his best coaching performance ever”

I hate to think that I enjoy being a cynic, but it is the nature of some. Perhaps me as well… ;-\

I do love to play poker tournaments and the occasional cash game as well. That quoted statement reminds me quite a lot of poker players who will claim ‘best performance ever’ to themselves just because the ‘cards’ fell in their favor, despite bad or questionable play. So far, this season, I have witnessed nothing other than our defense to make me think that any coaching performance is the best ever, especially our head coach. I have always despised Gundy’s timidity with a lead, even if respecting greatly his contributions to our football program. Playing ‘down’ to the level of our competition is NOT a great coaching performance. The ‘cards’ have simply fallen in our favor to this point. We got a Kstate team without their starting quarterback. We got an FCS team that should have been completely out manned. We got a Baylor team that was almost as overrated as we are! We got a scrappy Tulsa team that almost took us to the woodshed… but hasn’t beaten anyone else despite a good showing versus a suspect Ohio State team. After five games against the competition we have faced, to have ZERO points in a third quarter is an epic failure at the coaching level. jmho…

However, as with every poker tournament, to make the final table you do have to get lucky a few hands as well as play well. To this point, we have gotten so very lucky. Thus, we are in a position to start actually playing, and coaching, well!!! …and profit from our good fortune to this point. But, if we decide that we have been performing well just because of how the cards have fallen, we are pretty much doomed to think that there is nothing wrong with our play (or coaching) and continue to make the same philosophical mistakes… until the cards do NOT bail us out.

1 Like

Scouting Texas is easy: simply take the Oklahoma State band with you and have them break into “Eyes of Texas” minutes before kick-off.

The Austin snowflakes will burst into tears from the “offensiveness” of the tune and play like wet teabags.

3 Likes

This was such a great post we got to see it twice. Not

2 Likes

I think alot of people chit there pants when they scored 70 on tech. I did say tech. Alot lot of hype.

2 Likes

Lmao… I wasn’t sure to which to post it. lmao… Seems a lot of ‘silliness’ is available from us all!! not!

2 Likes

At the moment we are 5-0. We r still the same team picked 5th by most. We’re already got more wins then predicted and by bet line. We got 2 games in the next 3 weeks we r suppose to lose. Let’s weight and see where we r then.

2 Likes

We have no choice but wait and see… this is just banter as we wait, my friend. :innocent:

Unlike u I do not believe in luck. I have already picked my chickens and made my vudu dolls.:innocent::innocent:

2 Likes

With a voodoo doll, you’re supposed to prick’em with a pen not vice versa.

1 Like

I’m not going to have the chicken peck them. Hey send a hair sample I will test the dolls.

1 Like