Pac-12 Commish Says No School in His League Will Defect to the Big 12

Originally published at: Pac-12 Commish Says No School in His League Will Defect to the Big 12 | Pistols Firing

A bold strategy, Cotton.

2 Likes

2 Likes

…let’s see if it pays off.

It would be hilarious if Oregon and Washington left for the B1G (because I don’t see them coming to the B12 at this stage,) and the B12 told the leftovers to pound sand. We could watch the PAC become the WAC 2.0

2 Likes

If the B1G really does take those 4 who have been mentioned we’ll get the 4 corners and then Oregon State and Wazzu will be the only two left and Klivakoff will be without a job. That’s what he’s terrified of and I can’t say that I blame him.

4 Likes

He’s lying through his teeth if he thinks they aren’t done. They won’t get anyone to come there and he knows it. Just trying save his high paying job. They have no negotiation power with tv rights

2 Likes

Why is he not mad at the big 10? They made an “alliance” with him then stole his teams!!!

2 Likes

Might as well take them too then. It expands the conference way too much geographically but maybe they can somehow make it work. I wanted both Zona schools, Utah and Colorado but since the Buffs’ powers that be don’t wanna rejoin the Big XII let them kick rocks in the Mountain West. #GranolaHeads

You would think though this clown would act fast, I would if I were him, and get the Pac-10 brethren to immediately approve San Diego State, kick the tires of BYU and see if they can pull off some thievery there, have discussions with Utah State, Boise St, and Colorado State although those first two are in small media markets which don’t add up to a whole lot.

1 Like

He should be extra mad at U$C’s prez who blocked Pac-12 expansion and you know at that point she already had an inkling Uni of $poilt Children was gonna be leaving. #TraitorsInTheMidst

2 Likes

Not w/ their TV ratings. Without the two La La Land schools one would think the offer by TV outlets would be about half what they last got, LOL!

2 Likes

Thats the problem is everybody is looking at usc texas and uo.

When we played Oregon state. It was their 2nd highest rated game. It was our 8th. That year. It barely beat the ku game.

Last year usc games with ucla and noter lame were equally to the ou game. We had more people watch the tech game then usc and ucla.

The big 12 was twice the pac12 championship game with Oregon.

1 Like

I think I read the number being offered in the PAC tv rights is 30 mill a team ? Anyone else seen it ? That’s low low … the idiot in charge doesn’t seem to know he’s in a covered corner. No one watches the PAC 12 …. It’s gonna fall more with Hollywood gone

1 Like

I had heard 22 mill.

1 Like

Lower then…… like you said Oregon St game with us was there 2nd highest and our 8th… no one watches football west coast. They won’t get 2/3th of the country. …11 and 2-3 are best time slots, maybe the 7 PM

1 Like