PFB+ 2023 Football ‘Crootin/Transfers (Part 1)

If all outgoing transfers stayed, how many of them would start in 2023? Assuming all incoming transfers still came here.

I think it’s a better way to look at it versus saying lost production or lost starter.

8 Likes

Four maybe?

JPR, Sanders, Jabbar, Cobb for sure. Others in rotation more or less and more debatable.

1 Like

JPR is a toss up for me. I feel pretty good about Presley and Bruce in the slot.

2 Likes

Someone on here kept saying JPR was a butterfingers. @Dribble maybe? Can’t remember. I just saw an article on him and he was the only player on the team in 2021 with over 10 passes thrown to (23) without a single drop. In 2022, he led the team again in catch-to-drop ratio with 49 catches and 4 drops. We just didn’t throw him the ball enough.

4 Likes

No reason why would you think Bruce is already better than JPR, I won’t.

Brayden Johnson was butterfingers. Not JPR.

2 Likes

JPR isn’t a starter. But he would make a starter like impact, which is certainly relevant.

Just seems like outside of Sanders, Cobb and Muhammad…you either lost guys that weren’t value pieces (despite possible starter status) or were easily replaced.

3 Likes

That’s fair about JPR. He and Presley can’t be on field all the time especially with in-line TE that we have this season. But JPR is versatile enough that he can replace any WR on the field while they are resting.

2 Likes

if Ford plays all of 2023 does that count?

Bruce looks pretty good. Sure glad OSU landed him. I wonder how that all came about? :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess Ford might be better DE for 4-2-5 DL than 3-3-5, most of his good plays are bull rushing. We can’t afford to not set edge in 3-3-5. He might have to be like Collin, play Sam. He will be just below JPR in terms of importance.

Get A Load Of This Guy Ben Stiller GIF | GIFDB.com

9 Likes

Are you kidding? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good lord man…

6 Likes

Rumors were that Jabbar was losing his job at CB and being asked to move to Safety so might not even be able to count him. Plus I agree a healthy Sanders would have started but he NEVER could stay healthy very long. Then you have a battle between Cobb and the other LBs we have now and there is no guarantee he starts. Likely but not guaranteed. I agree that JPR is a toss up but he probably sees even less time with Presley and Bruce in the slot with him.

Lol. All big 12 second team CB is not moving to Safety. Cobb is not in competition with anyone in our team for starting spot. And same for Sanders. I think those are really biased views. From whoever started those rumors.

11 Likes

hypotheticals are just that tho, hypothetical

the truth is we will never know and will just have to wait and see how the team performs this season

2 Likes

it’s kind of like last year when everyone said we were upgrading at corner from two dudes who both got drafted

2 Likes

Sometimes fans really be starting something out of nowhere to push their agenda

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at PFB+ 2023 Football ‘Crootin/Transfers (Part 2).