PFB+ 2023 Football ‘Crootin/Transfers (Part 1)

2 Likes

Some of those highlight are when he was playing against a school 4 divisions higher that they beat. Kid is legit.

1 Like

So, you don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to, but I’d like your opinion on it. The other day, after Baylor, we were talking about if Shane was better than Spencer. And my opinion on it was that the answer is no, because if he was he would be starting. Can you confirm or deny that?

Spencer is better. In my opinion his legs alone give him the advantage. He has a stronger arm and I think people underestimate how much his threat to run keeps the defense on their heels. The good thing is that the team loves both him and Shane. I think Shane will be a fine QB in the future, but he definitely has some room to grow before he’s the solo starter. I like Shane and have been a fan since before we offered him, but Spencer can make every throw he can and even some better than Shane. Do to me until you’re ready to completely shift the offense to a purely pocket passing set up then you need to keep continuing to build with Sanders.

5 Likes

Ok, thanks! I figured it was something along those lines but it’s nice to know, ya know?

2 Likes

Spencer still has 1 year since he’s a RS JR and I don’t imagine Spence leaves after this season unless he’s electric these next 8 games. Let’s assume Spencer will stick around another year, that means Rangel and Shane will be both here next year while Rangel redshirts. Once Sanders is gone you have a SR Illingworth and RS FR Rangel. Does Okstate hand the keys over to Shane for 1 year and completely alter the system or hand the keys to Rangel who is similar to Sanders already?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he has two left if he wants them because covid year is a wash

Illingworth is still a freshman with his eligibility. And could RS this season. So he would only have 1 year difference in eligibility from Rangel. And Sanders has 2 years left.

2 Likes

In other words when Rangel hits campus Shane could be a RS freshman. Then when Rangel comes off a RS he would be a RS FR and Shane a RS SO. So yes. He would have to sit 3 or 4 years behind Shane alone.

1 Like

Have we offered Braeden Presley yet?

Will coaches take the hour ride to Hominy to see Jaxon Woods?

Let’s get Gundy ahead of the game here.

1 Like

Shane’s a redshirt freshman right now…?

Not technically. Last year didn’t count. So free year. This is “freshman” year.

1 Like

No

1 Like

Nope. He was a true freshman last year, but last year doesn’t count because of Covid, so if he only plays in four games this year it’ll count as a redshirt year, and he would technically be a red shirt freshman in his third year of being here, next year.

In the same vein, normally Spencer would only have one more year of eligibility, but since last year doesn’t count, he’s technically a red shirt sophomore this year.

Is Gunnar a mobile QB or a running threat?

well he’s better than Shane so it still doesn’t add up

so they can move him to QB, WR, or CB?

That’s what TU did with Collins so yep

Rangel? Ehhh… I’m not on that boat. Sorry.