PFB+ 2023 Football ‘Crootin/Transfers (Part 1)

So you simply don’t like Rangel? Think he’ll ride the pine his entire time at OSU? (If he doesn’t transfer?)

Correct

1 Like

Doesn’t like Rangel because he got offered over May.

9 Likes

Lol Rangel is way better than some in here think. That’s all I’ll say.

7 Likes

Rangel has better numbers versus MUCH better competition. Does that mean Rangel will be the better quarterback? No. But our coaches, who are far from infallible, believe so.

9 Likes

No. I just don’t think Rangel is a P5 quarterback. He has sub par arm strength, he’s not mobile (5.0 forty), he doesn’t have a big frame, and his numbers have got worse as he has progressed through high school. His averages dropped 33% from SO to JR year. As a stand alone prospect I’m not impressed with him. So before you run your mouth Scott, maybe have just a shred of intelligence about what you’re saying.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

According to 247’s composite, Rangel is the 27th best QB. So you’re saying Carson May is one of the 26 best?

Why are we wasting so much time debating Gunnar’s back up?

7 Likes

Sarcasm? :joy:

I don’t think Rangel is a star in the making by any means. I think our QB situation looks pretty bleak, as I don’t see a true difference maker (in a good way) on the roster now or coming next season. And that stinks because we have quite a bit of young talent at WR.

1 Like

I don’t care about comparing them anymore. And I’m not here to get into arguments. If you want to know if I think May is a better prospect? Yes. I think the 6’6” 220lbs QB with a faster 40 and stronger arm is a better prospect. Sticking to OSU tho and isolating Rangel. I don’t care what they have them ranked. Malcolm Rod was a 2 star dual threat QB by 247. I don’t live and die by the rankings. I just watch the players and give my opinion on who I believe is better. But again, I have no desire to get into arguments about all this. That’s not why I’m on here. If you really want to know what I think of a prospect that’s fine. I’m not saying Rangel couldn’t be successful at a North Texas or somewhere, but I just don’t think he’s the answer at QB and I’ve talked with coaches and players who feel the same. That’s really all I can say about it. We will get to see how it plays out so why turn it into a back and forth? As far as May, all I need to say about it is I’ve been right about everything on him so far. He did become the #1 QB in the state. Only one with a committable P5 offer and definitely looks the part. What else needs to be said?

2 Likes

#1 QB in OK with one P5 offer isn’t saying much. He has a better chance of being turned into a good TE at Iowa than becoming an All B10 QB.

6 Likes

Best QB in the state is a sophomore in Osage County. No offers yet.

Because you’re the one that finds an opportunity to interject May into the conversation by saying we should try and flip him. How about you just let it go and gloat about it later, if you’re right.

7 Likes

Maybe he will become the next Carson May

4 Likes

He’s better. Gunnar better watch out. Blood ain’t thicker than the water they drink in the Osage

2 Likes

Our coaches could have looked up 7 spots on the Oklahoma 247 list to offer a first round draft pick that class to convert to LB. This is the safety version of that.

Watched May against Crossings Christian this past Friday night. He’s got the speed, frame, and arm for sure.

I just watched these highlights. May looks like a big doofus playing a bunch of Little Giants. He underthrows some, the 77 yard pass was good, and he’s pretty slow. I question that 4.75 40.

6 Likes