PFB+ Basketball Recruiting Thread 2.1 #LutzWork

He looks/plays taller than the listed 6’1

Coach MB probably making sure he doesn’t let the next Mike miles go by

7 Likes

Don’t disrespect Miles like that

It’s pronounced juh-my-run, for those wondering.

8 Likes

I talked to him Thursday, and it was incredibly difficult to not put some eyeballs or something in here. It was tight lipped, no crystal balls or anything, so I didn’t wanna be the one who let his secret slip. Had Mike not tweeted this morning, I was going to surprise the frick out of you guys.

14 Likes
1 Like

Let’s go. Need a technical break down of his game soon!

Based on most accounts that have seen him, he’s a dog.

Can shoot the 3 a bit, has incredible strength for the point guard position, surprisingly bouncy. Willing rebounder, solid defender. I compared him to Mike Miles, and I think that’s a style of play similarity. Is he as good as Miles is right now, no. But that’s the type of player he is.

3 Likes

Oh, and I almost forgot a part that definitely stays in here. I cut this quote short on the Q&A, but here is his full quote when I asked him whether he is recruiting other players from Drive Nation:

“Yeah, I have. I actually talked to Mr. McBride, – Justin McBride on my team. He received that offer while we were down there, and I was just telling him how great the coaches were and how great the facilities where. We might have another Oklahoma State recruit, but I’m not gonna put that out there right now. I’m gonna wait until he decides, but I think it’s looking good for us to get Justin.”

22 Likes

Drive Nation also has Ron Holland and 2024 PF Liam McNeeley.

(Holland’s definitely not happening.)

Hoping he’s putting some charm on McNeeley. He would be a huge get along with Castillo.

McBride used to be damnn near a 5star, if he gets back to that level he could be a major steal

1 Like

If we pull Castillo and mcneely 2024 HCMB needs a raise regardless of tourny appearances

1 Like

All the articles I’ve read on Keller notes he’s a god on defense.

He’ll be really good for us I bet

2 Likes

That’s a big NOPE from me. I get the sentiment, but that same logic is where UT is at in football — massive star recruits and can’t win a darn thing on the football field. We need to steer well clear of the philosophy that stars are all HCMB needs to be after to be successful.

1 Like

Basketball stars and football stars are not the same IMO.

5 Likes

Agreed, one 5star in football is just a piece to the puzzle. In basketball we saw what Cade did for us

6 Likes

Cade was beyond a normal five star basketball player though. He could have gone straight to the NBA from highschool and been a okay. (I do agree with you though, basketball stars > football stars)

5 Likes

We are going to be signing a lot more 5 star players that are way closer to the BT and Cisse players than even touching Cade’s level from an impact perspective. Regardless, I don’t think you reward coaches for recruiting - you reward them for winning (and/or surpassing established expectations).

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with you on this statement. I think we all feel this way.

1 Like

Correct, Cade is a generational talent and we were fortunate to have a year of him.