PFB+ Basketball Recruiting

If Love committed to UNC I wouldn’t think it would have a real impact on either. Bryce can play off Love, and so, too, could Cade. Would maybe help UNC’s chances a smidge but not a crazy amount IMO.

1 Like

I know it’s a good problem to have, but let’s say the stars align and we get Bryce/Cade duo on campus. What’s the lineup look like. Assuming they are 1 and done, i don’t think they want to come off the bench. Are you gonna bench gold medalist and possibly 1st RD pick candidate Issac L? Or bring former top 60 and then sophomore Marcus Watson off the bench? Not to mention your other studs Avery, and Chris Harris. Any ideas @marshall @kyleboone on how Mike B is selling this to them?

Issac is no more a 1st round pick than I am.

Starting lineup would be …

PG: Cade Cunningham
SG: Bryce Thompson
SF: Marcus Watson
PF: Kalib Boone
C: Yor Anei

Isaac can come off the bench and be a great combo guard. Chris Harris, Avery Anderson same deal. That team would be loaded.

Crazy that none of the seniors are starting on that lineup, and how reasonable it still sounds.

Didn’t include the seniors – Lindy, McGriff, Dziagwa, Laurent – just because they’d be gone by the time Cade/Bryce would arrive. But still … not unreasonable to think multiple freshmen could start in 2020 for a team with some really valuable upperclassmen.

2 Likes

Didn’t include the seniors – Lindy, McGriff, Dziagwa, Laurent – just because they’d be gone by the time Cade/Bryce would arrive. But still … not unreasonable to think multiple freshmen could start in 2020 for a team with some really valuable upperclassmen

Ahh yes, I appreciate you still gleaning value out of my brain hiccup about when Cade and co. would be in Stillwater.

1 Like

You made me double-take but I do think your point remains. At that point Likekele and Anei will be juniors (!) and may not be guaranteed starters.

2 Likes

Thought the same thing at first…

He’s a good medalist that could be Marcus smart type player. If he improves his shooting he will get some 1st round consideration for sure.

I always ask freshmen in my first interviews with them why they picked OSU, and all of Boynton’s said it was because of him. They say he doesn’t necessarily promise playing time, but if they work hard, that will come. And everything Boynton tells them came true.

With that said. I would agree that Cunningham and Thompson almost definitely wouldn’t sit. Isaac could play PG, SG or SF at 6-4, and since Cunningham is 6-7, he could guard the opposing SF if he’s just that much bigger than Isaac. It’d probably be between Isaac and Watson at SF.

I’ve heard incredibly good things about where Hidde Roessink can be a year from now. And take in mind this starting five could also change depending on who else would come if Cunningham were to commit.

PG: Cunningham
SG: Thompson
SF: Watson/Likekele
PF: Roessink
C: Anei

1 Like

Can you expand on the Roessink comment?

Yeah, a person who watches team workouts every day told me he has an incredibly high ceiling. He’s 6-10, long and can shoot. Obviously not to the level of Kristaps Porzingis, but that style of player. I don’t know how much it’ll show this season, but I’m told in a year he’ll be really good.

3 Likes

That makes me even more irrationally excited about the future. I didn’t really know anything about him and figured MB was taking a flyer to see what was up, but if he’s got that potential, that’s a home run.

Marsh knows – and I’ve heard similar things. Pretty exciting. Don’t think OSU has had a player like him to really compare him to. Just super unique and skilled for his size.

1 Like

Thanks

So not Lucas N’Guessan 2.0?

NOOOOOOOOO.

People are actually buzzing about Hidde. I don’t think anyone buzzed about N’Guessan … ever

3 Likes

Good to hear. The lack of film/highlights out there prior to him signing had me feeling like it would be similar to Lucas

Also wondered if he would redshirt