PFB+ Basketball Thread 3.0

Agree on Gundy wanting kids that WANT. to be here. A lot think Gundys way is bad as in recruiting. Wait till we have to hire another one
Back to the basketball no one on the team looks to have an NBA career except Garrison. He’s stated he wants to stay but that can change. I know I would hate to go to college 4-5 years and not be able to call one my Alma mater… a new coach hired within a week or so can build a team

After hearing Saban before congress last week I just have a feeling congress will do something about this crazy asz portal chit. It’s completely obliterated schools without large sums for portal. My only problem is how do they control it when they can’t control themselves :crazy_face:

1 Like

I hope ou gets screwed today

9 Likes

Gird your loins for these #excuses as a reason to put them in:

“Only Houston, Connecticut, Purdue and Auburn join OU as the schools without a Quad 2, 3 or 4 loss. Nobody likes 12 losses, but none of them are considered bad. Repeat, not a single one.”

“The Sooners were 18-6 at full strength before stumbling 2-6 down the stretch with a rash of injuries and a brutal final schedule.”

I couldn’t care less about OU anymore.

6 Likes

Bracket challenge thread for those interested

2 Likes

Ou got left out!!!

8 Likes

Karma for Trae Young year when they didn’t deserve a bid.

11 Likes

Morter Poser

5 Likes

They did :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

9 Likes

Just a general statement, if any of you watched the bracket show solely to see if OU made it or not, please don’t tell anyone you did that. Has little brother syndrome written all over it.

4 Likes

I just wanted to see which games would be in Memphis.

I didn’t know watch because I figured the selection committee would let us down.

1 Like

So the Goons turned down the NIT? Sure sign that Moser is gone? Not that I give two shits what happens with them.

2 Likes

I think the more interesting whiff was Kansas State. Tang was politicking hard for his team with “we didn’t play a powder puff schedule [like most of the other bubble teams].” Yeah, that argument fell flat. At least NCAA was consistent in leaving both KSU and OU out. While I have absolutely zero empathy for either team, a blind resume test and examining Quad 1 wins is a bit of a head scratcher when comparing to some of the #soft bubble teams that made it in. Getting to the NCAA tourney might be the one championship where it is sometimes best to be a “big fish in a small pond conference”. But it’s that parity that makes March Madness fun…for those that have a team to watch anyway :pensive:

2 Likes

https://x.com/247hshoops/status/1769712842956021841?s=46&t=MsW_9zleie9poraB4AEXXQ

Pain

3 Likes

Inevitable

5 Likes

Only problem with being a big fish in a small pond is there’s no margin for error.
Look at Indiana St. They lost in their tourney in a one bid league and now they’re out.
Unless you’re a REALLY big fish like Gonzaga, and you’re ranked in the top 30ish, you better win your tourney.

1 Like

the whole team should enter, then when we have a coach they can actually make up their minds

the only issue is some of those guys are going to get offers they likely cannot refuse

5 Likes