PFB+ Basketball Thread 3.0

Continuing the discussion from PFB+ Basketball Thread 2.0 (Part 1) - #10025.

Previous discussions:

It’s really semantics but I would like to point out the attendance numbers being thrown out are the “announced” numbers and we also have an actual attendance number. OSU keeps that actual number internal. Unless they’ve changed the formula, the announced number assumes every season ticket holder is at the game which we know doesn’t happen. So in reality the attendance numbers are worse than what has been discussed.

6 Likes

Yep. It was a good showing but the KU game was still probably one of the worst home showings vs them in the 21st century outside of the CoVID year. Usually a fully packed house for that one. CoVID has killed in-person attendance, and it’ll get worse once meta gets their virtual court side camera stuff set up. $20-$30 to sit court side virtually will entice a lot of people.

1 Like

We really just messed up building a massive arena, though at the time it made sense. TCU had 6400 fans there in a massive metro area and they are a top 10 team when healthy.

2 Likes

:100: Not to mention GIA is one massive safety hazard, particularly for elderly fans. I don’t how many people I saw struggling to go up the steep hill to the 300’s. Then, the downhill whether the 300’s or 200’s feels like it could be a human bowling ball alley. After halftime, tons of older folks just stand around at the flat concourse level behind the ADA seats instead of climbing back up/down Mt. GIA Everest.

1 Like

I agree with this, but that’s also what makes it loud haha!

Just demo it down to the 200’s, re-name it back to Gallagher Hall, then call it a day. Bringing back Dairy Bar is a great first step in this “old is cool again” process!!

1 Like

This. I want to know the “Scanned ticket attendance”.

Maybe the lower bowl should be handicap/elderly specific?

200’s can be student specific.

“Raucous crowd at GIA today! Ethel and Ezekiel Johnson have clapped TEN times for the Pokes today, that FOUR MORE times than last game! Maybe they’ll stand and yell!”

3 Likes

We need Ezekiel sitting behind a goal, wearing a Speedo, to distract the other team when shooting FTs.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@RyanS @Dribble Please tell me again how Boynton is the savior? Tonight is an absolute disaster in offensive coaching. But hey, we beat Iowa State twice.

Haven’t been able to watch since the Iowa State game… we just suck now?

Realistically, if Bill Self had to a coach a team where CHJ is playing 20+ minutes a game, he wouldn’t have them scoring much more lol

2 Likes

Bill Self would leave his ass on the bench. Alongside Q

Amazing how much Harris must rely on his knees for 3 point shooting

We may not win another game. With the way we are playing on both ends of the floor, even ou may beat us right now. The effort doesn’t seem to be there, get beat to almost every 50/50 ball and giving up way to many offensive rebounds

Q and Harris have no business playing and dang sure don’t have any business being on the floor at the same time

1 Like

@howmat3 @Seokpoke so who do you guys recommend playing in place of them?

I guess we should just have a 7-person rotation until they’re all so exhausted they can’t do anything.