PFB+ Christmas Idea Thread

Drop your coolest Christmas ideas so we can all get more ideas for others and ourselves

(btw this might be a dumb thread but I thought it might be a cool idea for everyone to poll ideas off one another)

3 Likes

This doesn’t help you, but we get our kids just a few things and then one Santa gift and then on the 26th we go on vacation instead of lots of gifts. This is our third year doing it and our kids are more excited about the trip than the presents.

8 Likes

Sonos has some good deals right now on their wireless speakers

I’ve bought probably 50% of my gifts off Ebay the last couple years. Dad is a farmer so model toys of equipment he has always goes over well. SIL got a PHD in Plant and Soil science mostly in soybean research, here is a 1960 Soybean growers association acrylic paperweight with soybeans, pods & soybean oil suspended in it. Just search what their interests are and other keywords like accessories or vintage and you’ll be surprised what you can find.

5 Likes

Get your wife a spa day and book it for her instead of just doing a gift card. If we get a gift card for a spa we love to come up with every excuse why we can’t make time to use it. So clear your day, take the kids, and send her to the spa!

1 Like

Food idea:
Since most folks in my family have multiple family/in-law events to attend my parents host a soup potluck on Christmas Eve for me and my siblings. Grandkids/Kids open their gifts from the grandparents in the afternoon, we all go to Christmas Eve mass, then go back to eat.

Everyone brings a soup/chili/etc. to share along with bread, fritos, cheese, etc. to garnish. More fun (and less work) than another traditional dinner. Then the adults play Dirty Santa while the kids play with their toys and watch Christmas movies.

2 Likes

My go to gift idea used to be swinging Pete gear but they jacked up their prices, so can’t bring myself to ask my wife for one of those.

2 Likes

same I had bought abunch of gifts from there

nowadays it gets hard because everybody has everything lol, so thats why I was hoping some people had found some cool things

I got my wife the following:

Vacuum
Air Fryer
New set of pots and pans
Lingerie

I think I really nailed it this year.

7 Likes

I think this one’s really a gift for yourself.

You don’t think the other items benefit me? How’s she gonna fix my dinner and clean the house?

EDIT: I am being extremely tongue-in-cheek here. So don’t anyone go getting their silk panties in a bunch!!!

8 Likes

I thought about that but wasn’t sure if the entire list was sarcasm or not so I kept quiet on that part.:joy:

2 Likes

Angel tree is cool as ever.

4 Likes

this is the greatest list a man could compile

touché

2 Likes

Ditto. Of course we don’t have the gazillion miler all upgrades for everyone status you do based on your awesome travel thread posts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I knew it was tongue in cheek, but you sure like to live dangerously! :joy:

3 Likes

If you have an independently living senior adult on your list (parent, grandparent, etc.), consider an Apple Watch with cellular and put them on the $5/mo data plan. It’s a medical safety thing too as it has the automatic heart, blood oxygen, fall detection, etc. on it and it can connect to their continuous glucose meter. If anything goes wrong on the medical settings, I get notified too. I also set up an easy watch face with pre-programmed buttons to call me, show weather, etc. With cellular, they can be gardening, on the farm, or anywhere and still be able to call for help from their wrist without wagging a phone around.

2 Likes

Live Dangerously Austin Powers GIF

1 Like