PFB+ Cost Cutting Thread

Netflix is starting to feel like a bit much…

I actually am adding. Since my wife and I aren’t going out to concerts, dinners, drinks, trips, etc. I have saved a lot of that money but am also investing in podcasts and small business that are struggling. I’m a big data nerd and love baseball so I actually invest in FanGraphs (love Effectively Wild podcast and they’re struggling due to no baseball) and other smaller businesses I can support and frequent normally. We also don’t get carry out normally but we make it a point to get carry out 1-2x a week now from not major chains.

6 Likes

Look into “Baseball Rules in Black and White”. It’s an app, that was extremely well designed and the verbiage is written by an ex high level umpire. Absolutely incredible stuff.

1 Like

This blog has moved in the “essential” category

2 Likes

Since you guys are talking about cost cutting I saw this last night. Please everyone don’t be this cheap :joy: worth the watch

1 Like

I just threw up in my mouth

3 Likes

I am appalled…

Edit… I refuse to like that post

Can I flag something just because it’s really horrifying to watch?

5 Likes

Yikes. Luckily they aren’t all bathing together. But a plus is they are not impacted by the TP shortage. But are newspapers still being generated at this time?

I’ve wiped my butt with a lot of things growing up on a farm and hunting and news paper wouldn’t be my first option or probably one of them

Like @TheHeadChimp I’m wondering if I really need Netflix around anymore. It seems like Hulu and Disney+ provide plenty of stuff to watch. Also, in my view, it seems like most of the stuff on Netflix is pretty trashy.

Other than that, though, my online subscription services seem to be growing in number.

Other than a couple shows I didn’t find Hulu that great. It’s mainly cable the day after. I enjoy Netflix cause of the originals they put out

My breakdown:

Amazon Prime: practically free so whatever, use for renting movies since I don’t touch Redbox currently and to watch Bosch, Maisel

Hulu: I use Hulu for my cable or else would drop

Netflix: Worse and worse but currently using to binge old shows to get up to speed and Ozark, once done, dropping

ESPN+: Outside of live sports, their documentaries are absolutely amazing. Best $5 bucks a month ever (PFB is the best $8/mo :slight_smile: )

Did you know you can bundle ESPN+, Hulu and Disney Plus for like $11 ish? We did back when Disney Plus launched!

3 Likes

Letterkenny!

Also killing eve

Then cancel

1 Like

I can’t remember specifics, but apparently I was in their Top Tier and I moved down (less devices at once or HD or something). Anyway, cut the price in half.

I would love to dump dish (haven’t turned it on in months) but its charged through the HOA and can’t cancel. Very annoying.

1 Like

This is what we have.

I think we pay for the Hulu/Disney/Espn bundle and for a family Spotify plus account. Netflix and all cable passwords come from parents or in-laws, and we have Prime that is free for us but linked to parent’s paying account to get us shipping and video free. Used to have sling but killed it last year.

All I know is if GenX ever looks at their internet/cable bills, we’re all screwed… haha

2 Likes

Best show of all time

1 Like

I’m going to look into dropping Uverse and switch to this.

If you do want something no-contract you can do Hulu Live or YouTube TV. I’m sure that’s good too.

1 Like