PFB+ Cowboy Baseball

We are in a funk offensively. Guys not being able to simply put the ball in play is a problem. Too many strike outs.

This team is a joke

Itā€™s pathetic that our pitchers only gave up 7 runs in 27 regular innings and the team got swept. Iā€™d be ticked if I was a pitcher.

Stuck out 19 times today. You canā€™t win if you canā€™t score.

Nope. Double digit strikeouts, much less closer to 20 than 10, is not acceptable at this level. I donā€™t get it. I watched the last two innings or so and some of our batters would stand there and watch two great pitches go by and be down 0-2 before ever swinging the bat. Once youā€™re down like that youā€™re most likely not getting another good pitch to hit. Swing.the.bat!

We almost got two guys on in the last inning just by putting it in play and them bobbling it. Good things can happen if you just put it in play and not strikeout.

Good bounce back win tonight vs. Missouri State. 5-1. Good effort on the mound and some timely hits, including the first career home run by John Bay.

6 Likes

Missouri State can absolutely mash. The pitching rotation has exceeded my expectations through 12 games or whatever.

Does anyone know whatā€™s going on with Morrill.

Rex had said on the radio broadcast before the first Sunday game against Wright State that Huey woke up Sunday morning with a weird feeling in his back and they were just going to give him the day off. Josh said in the postgame after the double header that they didnā€™t really expect it to be an issue and that he was basically day-to-day. Well that was 6 games and 11 days ago.

Iā€™m confused what theyā€™re going to do with the rotation this weekend. My best guess is:

Thursday - Mederos
Friday - Stone
Saturday - Campbell

Mederos will have had 8 days off. Campbell, youā€™d like to give him a full week. You might be able to get away with throwing him Friday next week. They can do some different things with his arm recovery during Spring Break since they wonā€™t be in class. Thereā€™s no shot that they will throw Osmond this weekend after he started Monday. On top of that, Rex said on the radio Phansalker is sick and his availability for this weekend is up in the air.

They are going to try and get there rotation back in order for conference play. This is how the next two weeks will play out
Thursday- Mederos
Friday- Campbell
Saturday-Stone
Wednesday-Marsh
Thursday-Osmond
Friday-Campbell
Saturday-Mederos
Sunday-Stone
Then the first weekend of conference play against Kansas your in line to go
Friday-Campbell
Saturday-Mederos
Sunday- Osmond

1 Like

I like the way you think.

1 Like

Holliday is really lucky we donā€™t talk about baseball the same way we do football and basketball.

4 Likes

Well yeah, but thatā€™s because the people who talk about football and basketball like every individual game is the end of the world are idiots.

To be fair, it is kind of that way for football. Just not many opportunities.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not pressing the panic button yet but it has been located and itā€™s ready for use

1 Like

Not sure if weā€™ll ever reach the panic stage, but Iā€™m prepared to be disappointed

1 Like

If this team could ever get its hitting and pitching on the same page in the same game, it would be good. Either the hitting is good and the pitching stinks or the pitching is good and the hitting stinks. Also, itā€™s pretty unfortunate to out hit a team 12-5 and manage to lose.

1 Like