PFB+ Cowgirl Basketball

Hoyt might be the :goat:

This team deserves their own thread. Scrappy defense and great offense. Up by 21 at half on 9-1 UNLV.

15 Likes

Iā€™m here! My first Cowgirl hoops game this season. Been to several games in previous seasons and this squad has a completely different energy and passion for playing well. Our boys could learn something from the ladyā€™s shooting and overall disciplined play.

Hoyt is the real deal. I predicted when Chad hired her that this would be a grand slam hire. So far, sheā€™s proving me right.

5 Likes

Also, thanks for starting this one! The Girls certainly are deserving!

4 Likes

Definitely have been playing well. Iā€™ll reserve judgement until we see how they do once conference play starts.

1 Like

Iā€™m loving how they move the ball on the offensive side. So much better than our menā€™s team. Maybe Boynton needs to take a few lessons from Coach Hoyt.

2 Likes

Up by 26 against a 9-1 UNLV team.

3 Likes

Our girls shoot better than our boys.

4 Likes

Basketball is smaller

3 Likes

Even in warmups. :joy:

1 Like

Girls scored 20+ points in every quarter. Never really had a scoring drought of any length. They didnā€™t ever take their foot off the throat at all. I love that mentality.

2 Likes

True, but in circumference the rim still doubles the menā€™s basketball.

1 Like

I always felt like shooting with a girls ball was harder than a menā€™s ball. In OK they used W regulated ball sizes until the 9th grade, when I was in school. It was so much easier to aim the menā€™s ball for some reason.

1 Like

Yeah. Put too much power on it. But thatā€™s why it seemed harder.

1 Like

I was a big strong boy.

In general, womenā€™s teams have a tendency to play more like a team. Much less ā€œisoā€ (me first mentality) and more active movement and ā€œassistā€ (team first mentality). IMHO this is tied to stereotypical differences in females and males. Women have less biological strength and are innate nurturers. This results is a compensatory emphasis on strategy, finesse, patience, and overall teamwork - all qualities that improve shot selection and accuracy.

But general stereotypes aside, Coach Hoyt definitely has this team playing much better than Iā€™ve seen Cowgirl basketball in a long, long time! I say go Cowboys AND Cowgirls! Letā€™s get both teams to the NCAA tourney!

1 Like

This season, the ladies have already matched their win total from last year. They definitely are playing better than the boys right now

1 Like

I knew last year was bad, but I didnā€™t realize they won so few games last year. Thatā€™s crazy theyā€™ve matched it before conference even starts.

It was pretty bad. 3-15 in conference.
I would expect them to do much better this year

Another hoops thread? Ahhhh yeah

Cowgirls play Air Force at 11 am. ESPN+

4 Likes