PFB+ Debate: Tulsa or OKC?

Is the new loop from 40 to Luther open yet?

By area it is almost exactly twice as big as NYC. The size of Detroit has been pointed to as one of its problems is a third of the size. OKC is helped by the fact that most of that is empty land requiring no services.

Driving in from Tulsa it is pretty comical when you see the “now entering OKC” sign.

1 Like

You mean what they are calling the Kickapoo Turnpike and the answer is no. Not expected to be done till 2021 last I heard.

1 Like

I don’t agree with it but for anyone that is interested the book Boomtown lays out they reasoning at the time for making the city so large. Great book by the way, even if you are an OKC hater… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

source

1 Like

I’ve read it.

2 Likes

I believe it’s the second largest capital by area second to Juneau. And a top 10 city overall.

1 Like

Yeah, to the extent Wikipedia can be believed, it’s #8 with several comically large Alaska cities holding down the top 4 and then Jacksonville, and Anaconda & Butte MT in front of it.

Jacksonville apparently consolidated with Duval county explaining its size.

Does it show Phoenix? For some reason I am thinking now it might be larger?

Phoenix itself is smaller than OKC, the Phoenix MSA is massive, over 14,000 square miles compared to the OKC MSA which is only 6,359.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

I feel like I didn’t say this lol.

1 Like

I mean i provided evidence so clearly you did 🤷🏼

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah we know the real reason you don’t remember…

2 Likes

I really don’t hate UT like some OSU fans do. They hate OU, we hate OU. Both fan bases bond over that and Austin is cool so I visit every time we play there.

1 Like

Most hated schools (my list) (I’m always right):

1. OU

2a. UT
2b. Taco Tech
2c. Rapelor

1. Iowa Wrestling
5 Likes

I hate tech almost more than OU. I can’t stand them whatsoever.

1 Like
  1. OU

2a. Baylor
2b. TCU

1. Tech
  2. Iowa

Tulsa is like a tenth of okc geography. Like saying Perkins is more walkable than Stillwater.