PFB+ Debate: What varsity sport should OSU add next?

The definitive answer.

We actually have a Call of Duty team, believe it or not

1 Like

Realistically - Men’s Soccer, Women’s Volleyball

Pipe Dream - Hockey

1 Like

WHAT?!?! I hate Call of Duty, but that’s still awesome!

An Overwatch team would be good.

We had a dedicated group of Halo players when I was there. One dude was just stupidly amazing, could hit three headshots with the pistol every single time without missing. And he was good at Tekken.

Women’s wrestling should be at the top of the list.

3 Likes

To be fair and all. We need to add two sports to be in accordance with title nine…with that I would say men’s/women’s rugby. Maybe men’s soccer team with women’s wrestling/gymnastics. But I’m open to more sports full stop. Especially right now

Meanwhile you’ve got Central Michigan that’s going to be cancelling multiple sports (at least temporarily)… probably not the best time for dreaming of adding new ones. :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe not. It’s no guarantee that equestrian will be able to keep its scholarship status, the NCAA already tried to move it back to a club sport a couple of years ago because there weren’t enough teams participating. K-State dropped their team at that point, but schools fought to keep it a scholarship sport. Hopefully that lasts a long time, but I have my doubts. Women’s wrestling would be the perfect fill in if it happens.

If we added a women’s wrestling team (with equestrian remaining a scholarship sport), I’d like to see us add a men’s rifle team.

1 Like

What about men’s and women’s swimming?

1 Like

Women’s wrestling is not feasible, unless a group of D1 schools all did it at the same time. Right now all programs are D2 and D3. The other issue is the lack of high school participation. That would also have to increase greatly.

1 Like

This might actually be doable. Do they still have the Olympic pool in the bottom of the Colvin?

We had a gymnastics team when I was in school. Seems like that would be a fairly inexpensive sport.

Definitely Women’s Volleyball

2 Likes

Wait, so you’re saying there are people out there who don’t just mash and spin buttons randomly playing Tekken?

1 Like

You’re right about the current level of participation. But with womens wrestling being an emerging sport, especially with oklahoma adding a state championship for it, I strongly believe that osu should be leading that charge for D1 and set the trend going forward.

1 Like

Umm women’s beach volleyball… just saying…

3 Likes

Maybe but who do you compete against? Ocu?

Is there any rule against having duals against DII and DIII schools?

I wouldn’t think so in an emerging sport, but the cost of travel etc gets bad for those schools. Would be bad for us. Right now the programs are kind of clustered, which keeps costs down.

Listen - I’m not opposed in any way. I just don’t think it’s practical unless a bunch of D1 programs came together and did it together at the same time.

Dude, I used to be able to pull off a 9-hit combo with Eddy that took almost half the energy bar.

1 Like

Remind me to never settle a dispute with you over Tekken.

1 Like