PFB+ Debate: What varsity sport should OSU add next?

Sure. But if OCU can field a team, so can OSU.

1 Like

I think @TheHeadChimp is right. I think a League or Dota2 team would be great to have competitively, and once we get some scholarship money coming in we can expand to games like Siege or Apex and get COD to be bigger if there aren’t already University efforts to do so. Esports are a legit future, Dota2 international’s prize pools have topped $30 million the last 2 years. Fortnight had like a $20 million pool for their world cup. Either we start investing now or we have to play catch-up later.

2 Likes

Neeeeeeerdsssss

6 Likes

If Paragon was still around, I would’ve volunteered to coach! :joy:

Unfortunately, it’s not still around because Epic decided to make Fortnight their cash cow.

1 Like

Listen, I just found out a former colleague is now a “performance coach” for a pro team. He’s basically an adult RA for 5 people and makes 125 grand.

3 Likes

Boy that’s real neat.

3 Likes

Not even about what you responded to, but I laughed so hard at this for some reason. You have a way with words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Residential Advisor or Robert Allen?

5 Likes

$125K would not be enough to make them care about football :rofl:

Edit: I definitely read that wrong. Resident advisor

1 Like

I think this would be a blast to watch in either BPS or GIA. GIA is built like an esports arena. Would love to pwn some gooners.

1 Like

As stated at the top, I’m all for men’s soccer and women’s volleyball / gymnastics / wrestling. I think we’re the only big12 school without volleyball. That just feels weird.

On a side note, sorry for being late to this thread but it’s always irked me that we don’t have more sports teams and I never can garner enough interest in other pokes to have this talk. Why is it? Holder makes sure we break even so we’ll never expand unless we make more money? What other theories do y’all have as to why we don’t expand?

Honestly that’s the last thing I want…with how much OU dominates the sport I don’t need another.

2 Likes

Fair.

2 Likes