PFB+ Debate: Where is the best BBQ in the country?

Vinegar is where it’s at people.

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing great things about Clark Crew, but haven’t been able to get in without a long wait. An amazingly underrated place right here in Edmond is Deckle’s. The guy is from South Texas and it’s definitely Texas BBQ. Another good OK place is Smokin’ Joe’s off I-35 at Davis.

1 Like

Surprised there’s no love for Billy Simms BBQ

Not a fan and it has nothing to do with the OU tie-in. Just so many BBQ places that are better.

2 Likes

I was just being my sarcastic self. Never been there and never will, because of the OU connection. Parking lot was always empty at the one in Ardmore.

2 Likes

Not missing much… It’s fast food BBQ- all microwaved

I wondered if that was it, but wanted to make make my stance clear! :laughing: The one in Duncan closed. The one here in Edmond never has anybody in the parking lot either, but they seem to do some drive-through business. Probably Sooner fans that just blindly go b/c Billy Sims.

1 Like

Exactly. Not even as good as Rib Crib.

5 Likes

Well, to be fair, Billy Simms doesn’t even belong in the BBQ discussion, because as the overly loud, obnoxious man himself says, it’s not BBQ, it’s Boomer Q.

2 Likes

I just threw up in my mouth

1 Like

Yeah I had it once at a catered work event and it sucked.

Just here to defend Texas/Oklahoma/KC BBQ with my single vote.

That’s like putting Memphis with the Carolina styles.

1 Like

None of them are vinegar based, so they can be combined for me. :slight_smile:

You have a conflict of interest too. You can’t comment.

Tulsa used to have a place called Billy Ray’s BBQ. They operated out of a trailer at first, close to Jenks. Never knew what happened to them.

I haven’t had “real” Carolina bbq, so I will make no judgments until I’ve had the local stuff.

1. OK/Texas
  2. KC
  3. Memphis

You can’t get good brisket outside OK/Texas in my experience. Real KC burnt ends (not the smoked roast you get at some places now, cheapskates) are an exception, and so good. The Heim sweet bacon burnt ends are awesome. As mentioned earlier, Smokin Joe’s in Davis is great. Ironically, the brisket is their weak point in my opinion. Ribs, pulled pork, and smoked chicken are all great. Also have a really popular smoked ribeye. My experience with Memphis BBQ has always been disappointing. But I’m always up to challenge that theory the next time I am out that way!

No, I’ll be honest…I’ve had some BBQ lately from our favorite place (Central BBQ), a few times (we don’t eat a lot of meat).

One problem I’ve always had with Memphis BBQ, in general, is it’s served very lukewarm. The temperature is really, really terrible. This is across the board, and I don’t understand why.

1 Like

That has been my experience as well. It’s like they let the meat rest for way too long.

1 Like

It’s still here. They have a building on SW Blvd just off I75.

1 Like